Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down Side of the 750xl???

Bring it!

Short scale... thats about all I can think of, and thats only personal prefrence. Otherwise, its a GREAT guitar.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

it's not a Jackson
      Hail yesterday

Comment

That I only have 1.

The stock pickups were the only thing I didn't completely love about mine. I put in a Distortion & Pearly Gates and it hangs tonewise with anything I've ever owned or played. They're just killer guitars. Other than that , just a couple of quibbles about cosmetics. I prefer the guitar-shaped logo to the toothpaste logo, and not too many of the trans finished ones have really nice tops. The flame on mine is pretty nice, but it doesn't jump out at you, and I've seen quite a few on eBay that probably should have been painted over.

Comment

They can be as heavy or heavier than a LP.Could be a issue if you have back problems.

The only downside for me is the rosewood board .I am not a big fan and prefer ebony or maple.Other than that not anything I can think of.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

In my opinion, it certainly is a Jackson. Well, it doesn't say Jackson on the headstock, but it is essentially a Jackson short-scale soloist. The differences between the 750XL and its cousin, the Jackson Archtop Pro, are basically these: 750XL has a non-recessed trem, rosewood fretboard, 5-way super switch, and the body is a little thicker and heavier. It certainly has much more in common with the Jacksons than with the Charvels of old!

Mine is my main guitar that I play daily, and the biggest downside is that the body isn't KV or RR shaped! For being a super strat, the 750XL is very beautiful and it's built like a tank!

I didn't like the stock pickups to begin with (since I'm a notorious gain junkie), but I recently put the J80C bridge humbucker into my Model 6, and man what sweet tone it has! I'm thinking the 750XL bridge pickup actually sounds better in the Model 6 (although it still lacks some gain). I've had a Duncan Distortion in the 750XL for about a year now, and I'm quite happy with that combo. I also had EMGs in it for a while, but that setup wasn't happening at all.
            Last edited by Sunbane; 12-11-2006, 06:53 PM.

Comment

After 16 years - mine keeps getting better. One of the best axes J/C ever produced. I change the electronics/pickups/string gauge/tuning/action to suit whatever my tastes are for that decade.

<-- I'm holding mine in my sig - pic circa 1991

Currently:
              - Standard tuning
              - GHS Custom Lights
              - Rio Grande Punchbox/Crunchbox
              - 9v Pickup Boost from Guitar Electronics
              - wired for vol/boost (no tone knob)

Of all my current axes, my 750xl was the first one in... and will be the last one out.

Just sayin...
              lol
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

thnx for the inphoe!!!
                Is the jackson archtop pro short scale w/o floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by seafoamer View Post
                  thnx for the inphoe!!!
                  Is the jackson archtop pro short scale w/o floyd?
                  They both came string thru and Schaller floyd equipped.The 750s are much easier to find with a floyd. And the AT pro is easier as ST.I spent a year and half looking for a Floyd equipped AT untill I found one.And have not seen one sense(over a year ago on ebay).The STs pop up from time to time.And the 750s are the exact opposite.That pic is comparsion of how much thicker a 750 is to a AT.

And to answer your question both the 750 and AT are short scale.
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

^ cool! thnx again!

*buys round of e-beers to thread repliers*

Comment

Only down side I can think of is I don't have one anymore.
                      Awesome arch top guitar!!!! I wish I could afford another :~(

Comment

pickups IMO. The nut is ok, but I would prefer bone.

Comment

Some people don't like the short-scale. Yes, they are retards.
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

The down side is where you insert the cord.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The down side is where you insert the cord.
                              that's what she said

Comment

Working...
                              X