Kahler killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler killer?

Well, I've been searching the 'bay and the net for some weeks now, and I'm starting to wonder if the Kahler killer is hard to find?

Is it?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Looks like they still make perts for them them. They used these on Carvin (can I say that here?) models also, so you might check there also.

Whammy Parts sells current and vintage guitar parts.

Comment

They don't seem to come by very often. I have a kahlered Model 3 on the way and by a lucky chance happened to come by a complete retail package here in Finland. In the original box and everything! (Granted the box is pretty worn...)

The anxiety of waiting for a new toy to arrive isn't at all eased by already having upgrade parts for it.

Sorry, this doesn't really help you I guess. Still, the Killers are out there.

Comment

Like Dutchman said, you might have the best luck checking with the Carvin guys. The Killer was used on '89 models:

Carvin forum:

Since 1946 Carvin has been designing professional audio systems, guitar amplifiers, bass amplifiers and wireless systems. Kiesel Family owned and operated.

Comment

Thanks guys!
          Yeah, I know there are some killers out there, but it's just so boring to wait for one to show up!

I knew killers were used on Carvins, but I wasn't thinking about the forums - I'll give it a shot!!

Rock on!!
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

1989 was a good year for Carvin guitar. Well not sure if Carvin did well financially, but the guitars they offered in '89 were killer! Too bad most of those aren't offered today or even the same options available. The DC125 & DC145 are totally gone, and no reversed headstocks or pointy headstocks (although I've heard for an outrageous $100+ upcharge! you can get a pointy heastock).

Might also be the last time we've seen Alex Masi promoting guitars. Weird wasn't it the 89 Charvel catalog he was in with the Fusion Deluxe? Same year he is promoting the Carvin DC145.

What ever happened to the guy, you never hear of him anymore? Don't tell me he is a plumber or something now. If so, is he plumbing the depths of hell, Yngwie style? Would he have a custom scalloped pipe wrench?
            Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 12-13-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Too bad most of those aren't offered with the same options DC125 & DC145 are totally gone, and no reversed headstocks or pointy headstocks (although I've heard for an outrageous $100+ upcharge! you can get a pointy heastock).
              You can still get the DC125 and DC145... they're just not advertised in the catalog. You can also get the Holdsworth model with only one pup as well. They've got tons of hidden options you need to inquire about. "Option 50" is where you pay an extra $50 and can get the guitar wired any way you choose, have no tone control, a blade switch instead of a toggle, etc., etc. And you can get reversed headstocks, too.
              As for the pointy, yes, you can still get a pointy, but it's the larger version and not the one that looks like a Jackson.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X