Model 4??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4??

Yep I need identying a guitar and i need help fast. I have found a black Charvel, 22 frets dot inlays, HSS and a Kahler Trem. The headstock has the modern day Charvel shaped into a guitar logo. Bolt-on Maple neck and rose wood fretboard. The pups are covered and black with the words jackson stamped on them. Chrome Kahler with what looks like Brass saddles. Three black dome knobs in line along with a 3way and two mini toggles. Sorry no pics. Can any of you help ID this guitar?

It sounds like an '86 Model 4 with one of the mini-switches changed out for a 3-way toggle. I believe it would originally have had a black trem. Compare it to this catalog scan:

btw, don't worry about the uncovered bridge pickup in the scan. There were a few weird things in that catalog since it was the first year of production for the imports. Some of the shots are of protoype guitars, I think.
    Last edited by dg; 12-13-2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

+1 on the ID Dana.
      86 was the best year for the 4 IMO. I had a black cherry one that i ended up selling to Don. GREAT guitar !
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Well I just won the auction and it should be at my doorstep in a few weeks at the most. Thanks for all the help guys. I'll be sure to post some pics when it arrives.

Comment

Hmmfff..

I actually bid against you on that one...You got that one cheap, you lucky pig

But there's no 3-way switch on that guitar though...Only the miniswitches, look closely!!
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Someone took it upon themself to paint a D on it, Even if it is my First initial,,it sucks..I have got the biggest part of the D off now, Glad they used cheap paint..

Someone went wild w/ the pointy headstock here, luckily, I have many spare parts to replace w/...

Comment

Someone went wild w/ the pointy headstock here, luckily, I have many spare parts to replace w/...

I HATE it when they do that!!

Nice little collection of 4's there man!!

Comment

Thanks, I have around 10 or so 4's most are the 87 or 88 w/ the sharkies..I have 2 more 4's w/ a Kahler I'm trying to get back together..Time is not on my side. I work out of state and spend most of my time on the road..I'll try an d post more as time permits.
                The sawed off headstock was most likely suffering from a break..otherwise, I can't figure it out as to why someone would do that

Comment

Originally posted by GTarman68 View Post
                  Thanks, I have around 10 or so 4's most are the 87 or 88 w/ the sharkies..I have 2 more 4's w/ a Kahler I'm trying to get back together..Time is not on my side. I work out of state and spend most of my time on the road..I'll try an d post more as time permits.
                  The sawed off headstock was most likely suffering from a break..otherwise, I can't figure it out as to why someone would do that

Let me know if you're planning on getting rid of a 4 then

Comment

Will do..as of today, I have just bought, never sold..maybe in 20 or so years..lol

Comment

So you like 'em that much? I've yet to try one...

Comment

you have a PM, Yes, Love the Charvels...

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                          +1 on the ID Dana.
                          86 was the best year for the 4 IMO. I had a black cherry one that i ended up selling to Don. GREAT guitar !
                          .........and its a nice one..
                          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                          X