replacing kahler nut on model5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing kahler nut on model5

i recently bought some new pickups for my guitar but now want to get rid of the kahler nut, and replace it with a floyd nut. any one know if this can be done easily, or will wood need to be built up for it?
    1986 Model 5 with Kahler
    RH100 Randall head
    4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

A shelf has to be added for the floyd locknut. Here's the shelf on one of mine:

Comment

Meh...personally I'd figure out what's wrong with the original nut and deal with that (grooves in the locking plates perhaps?). It's usually a lot cheaper.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I agree with Sanctuary, fix or replce the Kahler nut. Changing to a Floyd will have minimum gains if any. I love my Model 5!!!!!

Last edited by Dutchman; 12-14-2006, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Dave has some great stuff too... http://www.fretsonthenet.net/
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

A new kahler toplock isn't that expensive.....they work well. I prefer the floyd nut.

Comment

did u make shelf or did a professional, and if a professional how much did it run ya
              1986 Model 5 with Kahler
              RH100 Randall head
              4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

Not sure who did this one. The neck is from an '84 Charvel that was converted for a floyd. I think it was done in the '80s because it had the through-the-neck mounted locknut, and was later switched to top-mount, with the holes dowelled.

Comment

Working...
                X