Model6 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model6 Info

I need some model 6 info. I was ina local shop for an amp, and saw it and used it try the Marshall I was looking at. It's kinda purpish metallica color. My main question is, would it be worth trading my Jackson DK2T for one?

The question is whether it would be worth it to you. Did you enjoy playing it? Did the trem work without throwing the guitar out of tune, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      The question is whether it would be worth it to you. Did you enjoy playing it? Did the trem work without throwing the guitar out of tune, etc?
      It was great. It played well and sounded awesome. But is $600 a fairp rice? It's in pretty much prestine condition. Oh yeah it Had the Charvel guitar logo on th head and 3 pickup switches instead of a blade switch, with a volume and 2 tone controls. It had what appeared to be a Seymour-Duncan Invader at the bridge instead of the stock Jackson pup
      Last edited by CharvelRocker; 12-20-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

absolutely worth it, if it's in good shape.

But ultimately, only you can decide if it is worth it to you. Will you be happy giving up your DK2T? Is this going to be a straight swap or will it be the Jackson plus cash from your side?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

If it is in pristine condition, I'd say it is worth it. The price may be on the high side if you're in the USA though (?).

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            absolutely worth it, if it's in good shape.

But ultimately, only you can decide if it is worth it to you. Will you be happy giving up your DK2T? Is this going to be a straight swap or will it be the Jackson plus cash from your side?
            I'd probably swap the Jackson and toss my OLP in to cover the rest as now that I've finished work on my CX391 its a bit useless.

Comment

Just as a bote the model 6 is a neck thru. The model 4 and the model 6 have the same features with the preamp and pup config etc... If it is a model 6 and not mistagged its worth it. A bit high but if ya gotta have it go for it. I lved my model 6 and miss it.
              Gil

Comment

Are you talking $600.00 and your trade????
                If so forget it.
                $600.00 outright for a gem Model 6 is cool though....
                Offer them $475.00 and show them the money........So they take $525.00, buy a 18 pack and celebrate.
                Keep your other axes, they are your family......

Comment

Yes, it is a model 6, neck through, sharkies, the works. And no just my trade. The actual cost is about $645, but I figure he'll probably deal. Failing that I toss my fender frontman amp in if he'll take it. I loved it, even more than my Jackson. In fact I'd probably snatch up the Marshall amp he has to. I'll call him tomorrow, and see what his best offer is and what he'll give me for my trades. And I also hope its still there. After all i dont disclose my location so anyone by me wont call around trying to find stuff I want when I bring it up (lame joke of course)

Comment

$600.00 total is a decent price if you can just walk out with it without worrying about shipping costs and possible damage. I bought the same color model 6 (called Black Cherry I think) about a month ago off EBay with a case and it came out to a little under $600 with shipping. I would have paid the extra 20-30 bucks to save me an ulcer thinking about the UPS goons playing soccer with it in the warehouse.
                    Lucky for me it came in pristine condition with an EMG-85 in it that the seller didn't seem to mention. I'll take it.
                    My gear
                    87 Charvel Model 6
                    86 Charvel Model 4
                    93 Jackson RR EX
                    93 Jackson Kelly STD
                    88 Ibanez RG560
                    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

here's my model6 Black Cherry..it almost looks black in this pic.. they are nice guitars..

Comment

Here's the matching model5

Comment

Model 6's are awesome guitars. VERY well built. Love the necks, they are so fast and comfortable to play. I say get it, but beat him up on price first.

Comment

I've had my Model 6 since 1987 and it's still my #1, so I think you can guess my opinion. Get it!!
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I hope its there when I go there today Just of interest anyone ever put a D-Tune on one?

Comment

Working...
                              X