Quick CX290 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick CX290 Question

My recent purchase of a Fusion Deluxe has me searching local shops for MIJ Charvels-I fear I'm addicted!

I've found a CX290 that's in nice shape and inexpensive, but I was wondering if the CX series were plywood or solid wood bodies?

Appreciate any help,

Larry

Both that I had were solid, basswood, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
      My recent purchase of a Fusion Deluxe has me searching local shops for MIJ Charvels-I fear I'm addicted!
      Happened to me too! I got my first import Charvel about a year ago and now I'm at number three! Rockin' axes each one of them.

Comment

Unless your gettign it for a rock bottom price, I would just as soon get a CX391. But I'm not biased at all

Comment

I bought a CX 290 this year. It's suposed to be rubish, but it's greet. I've put a SD hotrails at the bridge and it is awsum, and the neck is superb. I too am now addicted. I now also own a model 1. The CX290 is much brighter sounding. It is definitly not ply. I'm sure it is basewood. Isn't the EVH model also basewood.

Comment

Heres the info on the cx series.

Theres one model not shown that I used to own. I forget the number.

Comment

Here's my CX291. The neck is really nice. These are the low end import Charvels, but they play very nice. I would replace the pickups though. This quitar plays great but I definately want to upgrade the pickups.

Comment

Nice. The CX series are a good guitar if you want to do yoru first mod project.

Comment

I had a Cx392 and it was killer. I swapped the pups out and it made a huge differance. The neck was great and the body was solid wood. I cant remember if those were basswood or Alder but either way it sounded great. Stayed in tune really well too.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by memphiskat View Post

I love that paint scheme!
                    Kicks mucho ass!

Comment

Working...
                    X