X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farkoson View Post
    I don't know how to write it in English
    but i think it "Pulish"
    how can you spray on guitar without striping the pulish out of there?
    when i say pulish i mean - the material on the top of the guitar... it's making it shining.

well how can you spray on the original pulish?
    It's not as durable or as permanent as spraying onto a fresh body with some primer but it does work. Both of the guitars are done this way. The polish doesnt get in the way. Or i think yo mean the clearcoat. The part that makes the guitar shiney. But if the color under the clear isnt sanded and and smoothed it will just look a nice clear coat over the shitty paint. LOL
    I'm still trying to get the color looking more professional.
    Gil

Comment

Awesome, Gil. But is it Eddie Van Halen or Eddie O'jeda?
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
        It's not as durable or as permanent as spraying onto a fresh body with some primer but it does work. Both of the guitars are done this way. The polish doesnt get in the way. Or i think yo mean the clearcoat. The part that makes the guitar shiney. But if the color under the clear isnt sanded and and smoothed it will just look a nice clear coat over the shitty paint. LOL
        I'm still trying to get the color looking more professional.
        Gil
        First off nice guitars, especially the left one. I did mien the same way, but on purpose: So it would scratch and look like crap like Eddies. There are some parts were the tape wasnt perfectly sealed, so there are little flares of black a few spots. i'll have to post pics soon...

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          First off nice guitars, especially the left one. I did mien the same way, but on purpose: So it would scratch and look like crap like Eddies. There are some parts were the tape wasnt perfectly sealed, so there are little flares of black a few spots. i'll have to post pics soon...
          I had that ame problem on both. I've thought about just cleaning up the lines a but with some paint thiner and a real fne detail brush but i left them so far. The ones on the left guitar have become part of its identity and charactor so I think i'll leave those now. I may clean up the pink one a bit tho. It's still 99% done. lol Thanks again guys. Much appreciated
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            Awesome, Gil. But is it Eddie Van Halen or Eddie O'jeda?
            um EVH? do you see any bullseyes? Wait if i squint real hard and jiggle the guitar a bit maybe... lol.

Although the colors are Eddie Ojeda-ish the design is purely EVH insprired.

Comment

shine

To get that shine and even out the tape lines you need about 2 cans of clear coat.

Spray it with clear 3 coats first then wet sand with 1200 or higher paper..

Then lay successive coats sanding lightly between each with 2000 grit,,

Then get an orbital buffer (20$ turtle wax one WILL WORK IVE USED IT)

Do a heavy wet sand so it looks dull but not through to the paint still in the clear. Make sure you get it dull everywhere or you can get dimples and itll look rough.

Used marine restorer wax with a FOAM and i stress FOAM pad (cheaper than most) The kind of wax you want to use first is oxidation remover... 2 coats of that on slow buff.

Then NU Finish scratch remover to finish it off with a wool pad...

Then a final coat of hand applied wax (I used meguiars mirror glaze)

Rub that off after it dries and you should be close to a factory finish.

The DXMG i just finished has a better gloss than most factory imports and looks hot.

Did a color flop
              Black metallic 6 coats clear red metallic dust and too many clear coats to count... Depending on lighting and angle its metallic red or metallic black!

Hope it helps!

Chris Dombkowski
              USAF Academy CO
              DOD SVYY
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                To get that shine and even out the tape lines you need about 2 cans of clear coat.

Do a heavy wet sand so it looks dull but not through to the paint still in the clear. Make sure you get it dull everywhere or you can get dimples and itll look rough.

Used marine restorer wax with a FOAM and i stress FOAM pad (cheaper than most) The kind of wax you want to use first is oxidation remover... 2 coats of that on slow buff.

The DXMG i just finished has a better gloss than most factory imports and looks hot.

Did a color flop
                Black metallic 6 coats clear red metallic dust and too many clear coats to count... Depending on lighting and angle its metallic red or metallic black!

Hope it helps!

Chris Dombkowski
                USAF Academy CO
                DOD SVYY
                Cool thanks man I'll give that a shot and see what happens..
                Gil

Comment

Any time!

If ya run into a snag pm me and ill try to help!

I forgot to mention use a tack cloth between sanding and coats gets them damn dust particles outta the way...

I also used a quick wipe of rubbing alcohol while sanding to clean off any odd debris and finer oils...

Take your time and theyll come out great on and before you rub it out with the buffer give it a good week or so to hang and dry! AND COVER THE NECK POCKET!!!!!
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post

Did a color flop

Hope it helps!

Chris Dombkowski
                    USAF Academy CO
                    DOD SVYY
                    Do you have any pictures of your DXMG
                    that you can show us your work?
                    sounds very pro man!

Comment

Good job mate, congratulations.

Comment

Dxmg

Ill have to snap a few when we have good sunlight. The finish is very slick, but my color flop looks much better outside.

As for pro no not at all trial and error and many ugly messes lol.
                        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Looks great. Now its vanhalenized.

Comment

Working...
                          X