Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a 475!

hey guys!

I´m checking out a charvel 475 and I really like it. But when I played a San Dimas (-95 or something) for about 1 year ago i just fell in love with it. But I can´t find any for sale where I live. so now i wonder..

How is the 475 compared to the San Dimas? is it as fast as the san dimas? is it a good tremolo?

How much could the 475 be worth? the seller says it´s from the early 90´s

the serial is 352945.

i´ll post a pic ofcourse...

thanks a lot all of you charvel fans!!

Wrong section...this is USA Charvels, a 475 is an import.

Comment

My 1995 SD Series neck feels smaller and easier to play chords on, compared to my 1987 USA Soloist (if that's comparable to a 1991 Charvel 475... which I think actually). They are not alike. Not in the slightest. The Soloist fingerboard radius feels quite flat compared to the more rounded and narrower San Dimas. Speed? That is totally a personal preference, which renders any answers useless to you.

The factory fitted tremolo on the 475, the JT-590, is a great tremolo if everything is working on it and no threads are stripped, knife edges worn etc.

Value? Jonatan, you're in Sweden, right? I'd gladly pay Dkr. 3600,- ($620) for a cool second hand 475.
      Last edited by jackson1; 01-05-2007, 03:28 PM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Welcome to the board. Based on all the posts from overseas, I would snag this and get to love it. If it's there and not over $500US what are you waiting for?
        Last edited by fett; 01-05-2007, 05:46 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have 2 475-deluxes. They are great guitars for the price. great necks.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Is it thin shredding necks on them?? or what kind of necks is it? i´ve tried to find info on the web but I couldn´t..

Comment

Just for me at least, the necks are just right for my short stubby fingers.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
              X