Is this Charvel worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Charvel worth it?

There's an ad on this local website with some one who's selling a Charvel, does it look worth it? (is it a HUGE deal or something that you'd expect)
    ----
    $450CAD/$383USD
    "Charvel Model 2
    Body: Basswood
    Neck: Bolt-on Maple Neck Rosewood Fretboard 22 Jumbo Size Frets, 25.5" Scale
    Pickups: Bridge Position Dimarzio Super Distortion
    Bridge: Kahler W/bar
    Info: Guitar is in excellent condition, no dents. Sounds real dirty. Frets are in excellent shape as well. Guitar is very impressive for the price."
    ----------------

-------
    thanks!
    Last edited by Mario8672; 01-06-2007, 06:56 PM.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

I have the exact same guitar, 1986. That one has a tone knob added. I blocked the trem because it didn't stay in tune no matter what I did, excellent player though and one of my favorites.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

This one's from '86?? :O

Comment

In terms of price, it seems a bit high. Dunno what Model 2s run at, but I think below $350 usd would be more reasonble.

Comment

Yeah, that's a bit high for a Model 2, especially since it was modded with the extra tone knob, plus it's got the single locking Kahler trem, which cannot be replaced with Floyd. BTW, what the hell does "Sounds real dirty." mean??
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

"sound dirty"
            Yea, I was gonna say lol
            (I think he means, it sounds good with distortion or something :S) lol

Comment

Price wise it is too high for what Model 2's have been bringing. It seems like the JT-6 ones in clean condition will push $300 most times, but the Kahler equipped ones seem to pull anywhere from $250 and up. My suggestion would be to sit tight, and keep an eye out on evilBay for one unless the seller is willing to come down on the price.

Comment

Ah ok, I thought they were worth much more lol, that's why I asked. thanks!

Comment

that is an 86 MIJ Charvel model 2.It is a desireable color but the single locking Kahler knocks the value a little.$250.00 tops.If you want to mod it to an OFR it can be done very easily.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    that is an 86 MIJ Charvel model 2.It is a desireable color but the single locking Kahler knocks the value a little.$250.00 tops.If you want to mod it to an OFR it can be done very easily.
                    And how is that an easy mod?? You need to route for a floyd..
                    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Working...
                    X