Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 4 or 475?

Hey again!

I wonder which one of Charvel model 4 K (around year 2000) and charvel 475 (benning of tne 90´s) is the most quality-guitar of these?

does model 4 have the same neck as a pro series traditional?

thanks alot mates!

I personally prefer the thinner necks and dinky bodies of the 475 over the fatter necks and rounded bodies of the model 4.. Totally personal preference there. Either one is a fantastic guitar. The one edge the 475 has is the trem. I'm not a fan of the old JT-6 trem, both for looks and performance. I love the Schaller trem on the 475 though.

Comment

I have a Model 3 and a Fusion Deluxe and I have to agree with what RaVenCAD says on the fact that it's a matter of personal preference. I personally like my Model 3 more but the Fusion is very nice too. Both lines of Charvels are cool guitars for little money. Obvious solution: get both.

The Model 4 would be 1986-1989 though.

Comment

haha. Man, i made a big mistake. i ment charvel model A plus K. not model 4!! so can I please have your opinion agaiN?

thanks!

//Jonatan

www.shadowspast.com

www.heave.se

Comment

The model A plus K is a higher quility. Its has an ebony board, qtr sawn and birdseye maple, and if its a K I think that is Koa body and real duncans. the rest is taste

Comment

yes it seems to be in good condition too. but I´ve heard that the JT580 tremolo is pretty weak. can I trust that tremolo or will I have to change it in a few years?.

Comment

There are mixed reviews on the board on the 580. It is pretty good though. The trem on the 475 may need some work because of its age too.

Comment

ok. i think i´´l go for the model A anyway. it costs 6.000 swedish crownes which is about 840 us dollars. i guess it´s a good price. list price is about 15.000 swedish... so it feels like I can´t complain on the price.. even if it is used.

Comment

For being the swedish market, I'd say that is a decent price.

Not a fan of the JT580LP here. I personally do not like Low Profile trems at all. The JT580LP does keep in tune while it's in good condition, but the knife edges may wear out with time. If that happens, I'd recommend putting an OFR there instead. The guitar should be good enough to warrant an expensive upgrade like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    For being the swedish market, I'd say that is a decent price.

Not a fan of the JT580LP here. I personally do not like Low Profile trems at all. The JT580LP does keep in tune while it's in good condition, but the knife edges may wear out with time. If that happens, I'd recommend putting an OFR there instead. The guitar should be good enough to warrant an expensive upgrade like that.
                    it´s hard to know about the price, because it´s so hard to find that guitar here so I have nothing to compare with.
                    but you think the price is good, sunbane?

anyone know what a decent OFR will go for as new? can´t find any on the swedish websites.

and i have to tell you one thing!! last week I was in a studio and I saw a very coool red charvel strat type. and I just said to my drummer. "that´s the kind of guitar i´m looking for". the studio-man heard me and told me that it was from the 80´s and once belonged to Eddie Van Halen I just had to play it

Comment

There is only one OFR, and it is more than "decent".
                      It isn't called "Original Floyd Rose" for nothing. It's the original and best.
                      GMF sells it for 2200 SEK:
                      http://shop.gmf.se/product.htm?produ...8&search_page=

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        There is only one OFR, and it is more than "decent".
                        It isn't called "Original Floyd Rose" for nothing. It's the original and best.
                        GMF sells it for 2200 SEK:
                        http://shop.gmf.se/product.htm?produ...8&search_page=
                        ahaa. i thought that every tremolo system made by floyd was called ofr. and then the model name. thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X