NOS 275 or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS 275 or?

Just wandered into a local store that used to be the Jackson/Charvel dealer up 'till Fender bought 'em. Same place I picked up my NOS 3B a couple of years back and that had a '97 San Dimas hanging on the wall for ever. Anyhow, what's on a stand at the back of the store but a Pepso Pink Charvel...

Here's the ID:

Slightly faded pepso-pink Strat body. One hum, one angled single.
    Black Tele-stlye volume knob & 3-way Strat-stlye selector.
    Bolt-on neck with Fort Worth plate S/N 333690.
    Rosewood baord with dots.
    Pointy headstock with curly Charvel logo.
    Chrome Jackson branded Floyd-Rose as expected, apart from the string blocks and fine tuners being black and from a JT6. Weird.
    OHSC.
    Condition is "shop soiled". There's fading to the paint, a chunk of finish about the size of your pinky nail missing from the back of the neck (but no corresponding wood damage), a couple of small dings in the back and some minor play wear. It still has the plastic on the TRC.

They're asking RM.2K for it, which is about US$575 or so.

I had to disabuse them of their belief that it was a USA guitar
    Model 3
    Model 5A
    Model 3B
    Journeyman
    Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

$250 is more like it.
    Not sure on the model though, Hum and a slant single, could be a Fusion or Predator.
    -Rick

Comment

Fusion and Predator were dinky, right? Is 275 the only strat bodied toothpaste charvel? Youre right on about the price. $575 is twice its value, but I dont know how the market is in Kuala Lumpur.
      Last edited by Carbuff; 01-09-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I think it's priced as though it's a USA made guitar

Certainly they only charged me RM.1200 for a Model 3B in better condition with OHSC a couple of years ago, but then they realised that one was MIJ.

A quick look at the catalogue scans confirms that it's a 275 Deluxe circa '89. I can't be sure, but by zooming in on the scan the "chrome bridge with black bits" looks original. I forgot to ask 'em if they still had the original whammy bar [1]

- Steve

1) It would be a World first if they did.
        Last edited by SteveK; 01-09-2007, 04:08 AM.
        Model 3
        Model 5A
        Model 3B
        Journeyman
        Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Working...
        X