Need Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info

I purchased my Charvel 17 years ago and I need some info on it.
    It is a brownish/red sunburst color with a single Jackson Pickup
    and a reversed head. It has lock down tuning and a bolt on neck with a single knob. It plays like new and is in mint condition. Does anyone have an idea of the model # and current value?
    Last edited by MC Rocker; 01-10-2007, 10:50 PM.

Hmm, I dont know of a single hum 1989 charvel in a burst finish and a reverse head. Maybe a mutt? A picture would really help. Is it a strat or dinky body? Is the logo guitar shaped or toothpaste script?

Comment

It's a strat body. Not sure what you mean about the logo. Sorry.

Comment

Can you post a picture or 2 of it? The only reverse-head imports I can think of from that period have more than 1 pickup, and the only ones in a sunburst finish with reverse head had tele bodies. Did you buy it new? Here's the scoop on posting pics, if you have any:

Welcome to the JCF, btw!

Comment

Yep, I bought it new. Sorry no pics.

Comment

Then no info for you!

J/K
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

guitar-shaped logo, '86 - '88:

toothpaste logo, '89 - '91:

Comment

Guitar shaped logo.

Comment

I'm sorry. It has a dinky body not a strat. Sorry.

Comment

Does it have sharkfin inlays?

Last edited by Razor; 01-11-2007, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Does it look like this http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/images/222_1a.jpg if so it is a 1988 Model 88 limited edition.Only 1000 were made African ribbon mahogany , maple neck rosewood board , JT6 trem and J95 pickup.
                      Mike
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Okay, so what's it worth if in mint condition?
                        Serial #0078.
                        Last edited by MC Rocker; 01-11-2007, 12:31 AM.

Comment

See there always one model that you forget about. Price depends on that guitar anywhere from $350 to $800, it depends on who's bidding that day. Seriously though, the price can vary widely on that model depending on if someone really wants it,when you really want to sell it. Its all timing I would say. Check ebay for prior sales, although I havent seen any lately.

Comment

Let's play 20 Questions, or better yet, 93 Questions...that way you'll have enough posts to put it in the Classifieds!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X