My first Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Charvel!

Alright it finally arrived and I have a few questions about it. Its been established that its a 1986 Model 4.

As you can see its not in the best of conditions and the Kahler is rusty as hell. The seller didn't apparently have the locking nut, bar or fine tuners as they are all missing. Anyone know how much these parts would cost to replace?

The guitar plays great. I love the how the neck is thin but not so my hand cramps up when I play chords.(I have tiny hands) Does anyone know what all three knobs and switches do?

Last question, as you might see in the 2nd to last pic there is apparently no strap button? Unless of corse that little nub thing is a strap button but a strap doesnt fit on that.

Button might be for a Strap-lok. Can't tell from pic. If you just want to get rid of the rust remove the bridge from the guitar and use some Power-blaster (available at auto parts stores). It will melt that rust off in minutes. Refinishing the metal is another question if it's pitted...

I'm new here but I've observed people around here suggest buying new bridges...me I'm too poverty stricken

Cheers!

Son Of Spy
    1976 Gibson Mk53
    1988 Charvel Model 3
    1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Congrats! That's a Kahler Flyer (2330). You can upgrade it to a Kahler Pro (2300) by replacing the saddles. All the parts you need can be found here: http://www.kahlerparts.com/ Also Dave (Budman) has some great replacement parts as well: http://www.fretsonthenet.net

Looks like you need to buy strap buttons too!
      Last edited by Sanctuary; 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Check out Dave's (Budman) site for parts.

He's has a ton of parts.

EDIT: Typed to slow again
        -Rick

Comment

Hmm would a 7300 Hybrid Kahler be a direct fit for this guitar if I was to replace the Flyer?

Comment

I was just reading the excellent article on Kahler maintenance in the sticky in the Tech section last night. Be sure to check it out.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

The switches should be on/off switches for the pickups. If the guitar is all original inside, then the knobs would be volume, tone and mid-boost.

Btw, that's some nice and dark rosewood!

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boardbob2 View Post
                Hmm would a 7300 Hybrid Kahler be a direct fit for this guitar if I was to replace the Flyer?
                Yep, sure would.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  I was just reading the excellent article on Kahler maintenance in the sticky in the Tech section last night. Be sure to check it out.
                  Don't know if that's the same as this, but this is bloody good too: http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X