• Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a nice looking guitar, but it's not a Charvel
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Why????

Comment

It's not a model series neckplate unless some of the models didn't say 'ft. worth, TX.

That would mean it would have to be a US made guitar, and i am no expert on those. But, if If my first statement is wrong, my second definitely is.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

There's a possibility that the body might be a Japanese-market ST, if they made any with a floyd, and maybe they changed the pickguard from the 8-screw to an 11-screw one when they put the humbucker in. Probably a stretch, though. Here's a v-trem Japan-only ST that's on eBay. Looks like a similar battery compartment at least:

Comment

Originally posted by Ciamek View Post
            Why????
            Well, first off, the neck is not a charvel, which you've stated. The body does not match any commonly known models. Strat body, trans red finish, front mounted jack, recessed floyd, odd looking schaller with pop in arm,etc. This doesnt match any models that come to mind. However, that neckplate (which is upside down, btw) has no address on it which means to me that it could be some non-USA model made for Europe or Japan. The recessed cavity cover looks charvelish. Is that a battery box on the back? Also it looks like it might be a refinished guitar as the trem claw screws have red paint on the heads.Also the claw screws are all the way in which is not normal for a model era guitar unless that trem is pinned down against the body pretty well. I would check the catalog scans at this site. I think there are some japan only ones there that might turn something up.

Edit: There you go, that looks similar, but not. Trans finish, battery box, could be a similar model.
            Last edited by Carbuff; 01-20-2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

The Charvel plates on the early 90's guitars lacked the address, so that explains the plate.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't understand you. Anybody can write me brightly about situation my guitar, why this is not Charvel?
                I talk about previously owner about this guitar and he said me that, the guitar was bought in shoop as oryginal and I and previously owner are hundred percent sure of genuine this guitar. Previously owner is my best friend and he surely don't lie me.

Somebody have any idea?

Comment

The guitar has been modified. We are giving you the best answer that we can. If it's a Charvel, it is almost certainly one that was made for the Japanese market, and we are not as familiar with those as we are with the ones that were sold in the U.S. Maybe if you take the neck off there will be some identification or a stamp in the neck pocket with the exact model name or number.

Comment

I think it may actually be a Charvel neck (distance of 12th fret dots). But if it is, I have never seen that model before.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                      Look at the headstock... It says Fender....
                      D*'OH. Well the only way to really know is to take the neck off and look a model stamp and date stamp.

Comment

My vote is for the Japanese ST.
                        Scott

Comment

Japanese ST - what is this? From yours posts I conclude that I must take off my neck and in can find there some information about model, right?

Comment

previously owner says me that my Charvel was resemble to guitar in this pic:

Comment

Originally posted by Ciamek View Post
                              previously owner says me that my Charvel was resemble to guitar in this pic:
                              http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...-pics/2195.jpg
                              Those are basically 2 completely different guitars, and in fact the one in that picture looks like a Fender that was modified in someway either by Charvel or with Charvel parts.

Japanese ST was a Japan only Charvel from roughly 8+ years ago IIRC.

And yes there is no other way to figure this out than to take off the guitars the neck.

Comment

the one in the pic is an '83 San Dimas Charvel. According to Tracy's description in the Gallery, the Kahler was added. If you check out the gallery, you'll see Charvel were building a lot of trad-style guitars back then.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X