No announcement yet.

Keeps gettin' better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my Model 2 brand new in early 1987 and it is still one of my main players.

built like a tank and very very nicely finished, like you don't see on imports any longer.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      I wouldn't say Gibson's need to be bashed on, they have their place. And no one said everyone needs to dig them. Regular strats and teles don't do a thing for me.

I love my 4 LP's and 2 SG's, but last night I was jamming on my trusty 1st guitar, an Aria Pro II heavily modded into a Lynch Tiger with a single Screamin' Demon, and that guitar just has an awesome tone. Same goes for the many Jacksons and Charvels I own. My Fusion Pro sustains as long as some of my neck thrus.

All in all, I guess I'm saying I can see the beauty in most guitars (just not those Fender twangers )
      Oh hell bro, I'm not bashin' on Gibson or the PITA Gibson loyalists. I'm not about that at all. In fact, if you were to see me having a conversation with any person who has an extreme bias about a particular brand of instrument, you'd also see and hear me say, with a somewhat confused smile on my face; "okay pal, whatever".

Oh, and for the record, I'm a mediocre hack of a player, but damn, I love this instrument. I mean guitars in general.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        I bought my Model 2 brand new in early 1987 and it is still one of my main players.

built like a tank and very very nicely finished, like you don't see on imports any longer.
        Man, I don't that much about the 80's Charvel's, but the one I have is certainly a pro-plus quality instrument.

I was fortunate enough to find one that had almost NO play time on it and I can tell that the factory nut cut, fret dress and general fit and finish were truly top notch back then.

And yes, it feels ROCK solid to me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyF View Post
          Man, I don't that much about the 80's Charvel's, but the one I have is certainly a pro-plus quality instrument.
          all of the Model series (late 80's MIJ guitars) are like that. every single one you pick up will feel and play like that - consistently excellent in all regards. that's why we love them so much around here.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
            all of the Model series (late 80's MIJ guitars) are like that. every single one you pick up will feel and play like that - consistently excellent in all regards. that's why we love them so much around here.
            Awesome!!!

Comment

I've owned my Model6 since 1988 when I bought it new. It just keeps getting better. I have thought about getting it refretted, but I am afraid of messing with its "mojo". In hindsight these were great instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by bsfc9 View Post
                I've owned my Model6 since 1988 when I bought it new. It just keeps getting better. I have thought about getting it refretted, but I am afraid of messing with its "mojo". In hindsight these were great instruments.
                That's a fact my friend.

Comment

Working...
                X