Keeps gettin' better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeps gettin' better...

Man, I gotta tell ya! This Mod4 is really doin' "IT" for me. I've been brutalizing this thing for two days now and I just can't seem to get enough. The more I lay into it, the better it gets.

I wasn't expecting too much in terms of tone or sound quality, but I was WRONG!!! I can't believe how much tonal ground this guitar covers.

I'm a Les Paul guy from the word GO, but things that I've tried to force that guitar to do, the Mod4 does with relative ease!!!

I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here; "the best $350.00 I've ever spent on a guitar"!

Model series Charvels are rock solid guitars.
    Most L.P owners are of a different caliber and tend to be snobish towards C/J.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

+1
      I sold a Model A to a diehard Gibson LP & V player and he told be that it blew away his other guitars on how it played. I miss that one and my model 4. Great players, but I needed the money. Oh well I still have my 6's.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Model series Charvels are rock solid guitars.
        Yeah, I know the type.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          +1
          I sold a Model A to a diehard Gibson LP & V player and he told be that it blew away his other guitars on how it played. I miss that one and my model 4. Great players, but I needed the money. Oh well I still have my 6's.
          You know what's kind of funny? I've heard a lot of people say things like; "this guitar is unplayable to me", or "I can't play one of those", or "the neck is too skinny, or too fat", or whatever. I just don't see it that way.

Hell, I'll play just about anything, provided that there are no operational problems that would make playing it impossible.

I went to a New Years Eve party, and the host had one of those Marlboro Miles, give away acoustics. I played it all night!

Comment

I agree. I bought a dirt cheap electric for the school where I work. The thing is a piece of garbage, but you can still play it. The kids all try and borrow my own guitars but the reason for buying the cheap and nasty one was to show that you don't need a really expensive guitar- just to know how to play it.

Comment

I played LP's for 20 years, owned 15 of them. Great guitars and I love them but the weight on my messed up neck and the higher frets being difficult with my messed up hand, plus the crazy prices made me put them down. I have a cheap copy I keep for recording when needed (plays great, changed pups). That being said I have been using strats and shedder guitars the past few years and I always gravitate to my YJM, DK2M and Model 2! The quality of the Model series far exceeds it price!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                I played LP's for 20 years, owned 15 of them. Great guitars and I love them but the weight on my messed up neck and the higher frets being difficult with my messed up hand, plus the crazy prices made me put them down. I have a cheap copy I keep for recording when needed (plays great, changed pups). That being said I have been using strats and shedder guitars the past few years and I always gravitate to my YJM, DK2M and Model 2! The quality of the Model series far exceeds it price!
                I currently own two LP's, but I won't be buying another one. The two that own are great guitars, but Gibson is WAY out of line with their pricing.

Besides, there are many other great guitars that need to be played, by ME!!!

By the way, great screen name!

Comment

I've had the same head since 92', they'll have to bury me with it!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Some hardcore Gibson owners are a PITA. I have yet to find out what the appeal to these guitars are. And this is in no way meant to offend anyone on this board. I just cannot get into them. I walked into a shop that had 20-30 of them hanging on the wall. I tried about 10 of them and couldn't get into them at all. They were really heavy and had a neck style that I really didn't like. Plus, the price was WAY out of line. They sound nice though.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Glad you're lovin' the Mod4, they are truly a most underated instrument -
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                        I've had the same head since 92', they'll have to bury me with it!
                        I know what ya mean. I have a guitar like that.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                          Some hardcore Gibson owners are a PITA.

-Nate
                          I whole heartedly agree with this statement. It's that arrogant and totally blind fanatical loyalty to an over priced average instrument (at best) that drives me a little nuts.

Having said that... It's the cherry burst on the left is going in the grave with me. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            Glad you're lovin' the Mod4, they are truly a most underated instrument -
                            I believe that and I'm lovin' it.

It's a keeper.

Comment

I wouldn't say Gibson's need to be bashed on, they have their place. And no one said everyone needs to dig them. Regular strats and teles don't do a thing for me.

I love my 4 LP's and 2 SG's, but last night I was jamming on my trusty 1st guitar, an Aria Pro II heavily modded into a Lynch Tiger with a single Screamin' Demon, and that guitar just has an awesome tone. Same goes for the many Jacksons and Charvels I own. My Fusion Pro sustains as long as some of my neck thrus.

All in all, I guess I'm saying I can see the beauty in most guitars (just not those Fender twangers )

Comment

Working...
                              X