Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a deal! A Model 1 for ONLY $895.00!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a deal! A Model 1 for ONLY $895.00!

I went to a guitar shop today to get a black arm for an OFR. They didn't have what I needed, but I happened to notice a black Model 1 hanging up with a tag that said, "Charvel, MADE IN USA!!!" The price was marked at $895.00. I'm normally the type of person to just let sleeping dogs lie, but sometimes I feel morally compelled to prevent someone else from being ripped off. This was absolutely a Model 1; it had one Jackson humbucker, the "guitar" Charvel logo, maple fretboard, traditional non-locking trem, and a Fort Worth neckplate.

So I pulled the kid aside who had been helping me and I explained it to him. I said, "This is NOT made in the USA. It's a Japanese import. ANY Charvel you see with a Fort Worth neckplate is an import. If it says San Dimas or Ontario, then it's American. Otherwise, it's not."

I also told him that these typically go for about $150-ish on E-Bay or in pawn shops, but that his might bring $200.00 because it's so clean (it really is). He seemed to understand, but I'll call them next week and ask for a manager and see if he's willing to listen to reason. I have no interest whatsoever in the guitar, but I don't want someone else buying it, then doing some research and finding out that they got screwed.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

You know, I've noticed a trend around here about Charvels and Jacksons. I doesn't matter where they are made, if your buying they are all "MADE IN USA". If your trading or selling they are made in Korea.

Please tell me that you didn't go to USA Music in Maryville.

Comment

Mods aren't made in USA.
      My Main Rig:
      '87 Charvel Model 4A
      Peavey KB100 amp
      Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
      '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      '05 Ibanez RG320FM
      '86 Ovation Pinnacle
      '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
      '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Originally posted by RR_YJMFAN View Post
        You know, I've noticed a trend around here about Charvels and Jacksons. I doesn't matter where they are made, if your buying they are all "MADE IN USA". If your trading or selling they are made in Korea.

Please tell me that you didn't go to USA Music in Maryville.
        Nope. It's Pick-n-Grin, over behind the Sonic on Kingston Pike (Bearden area). They always have some nice stuff, but their prices are beyond insane.

I'm seriously going to call and ask for the owner on Monday. I don't want them ripping people off.

I think I've been to USA Music once. What's the deal on them?

Comment

Originally posted by chvl_91 View Post
          Mods aren't made in USA.
          I know they are not, but around here if a music store is selling one, they automatically claim made in USA.

USA Music is nothing more than a music store run by a pawn shop. Their "guitar" guy, Claude is a total idiot. Tried to tell me my 3DR was made in Korea and that he had one just like it at home. If you take anything in there for trade or for sell, you have to go through the pawn side (even though they are in different buildings).

Comment

I know they are not, but around here if a music store is selling one, they automatically claim made in USA.

USA Music is nothing more than a music store run by a pawn shop. Their "guitar" guy, Claude is a total idiot. Tried to tell me my 3DR was made in Korea and that he had one just like it at home. If you take anything in there for trade or for sell, you have to go through the pawn side (even though they are in different buildings).
            Oh, okay. Yeah, I've actually been in there a few times. In fact, if you call their main number as listed, you'll get the pawn shop, not the guitar store. The last time I was there, they had a few Jacksons but only the lower-end imports.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
              Oh, okay. Yeah, I've actually been in there a few times. In fact, if you call their main number as listed, you'll get the pawn shop, not the guitar store. The last time I was there, they had a few Jacksons but only the lower-end imports.
              Did you price them. They usually want almost new prices for some beat to hell guitar. They had a KV Pro last year that was in really bad shape for $400.

Comment

They had a KV Pro last year that was in really bad shape for $400.
                Well, this year that would be a steal!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Did you price them. They usually want almost new prices for some beat to hell guitar. They had a KV Pro last year that was in really bad shape for $400.
                  No, because I had my heart set on a USA Fusion at the time, which I wound up buying from The Eristic on here.

After I first started checking out the SL2H I just bought, I decided to check around the area and see what USA models were available and maybe make a road trip last Saturday. I printed the Tennessee dealers list from Jackson's website and hit the phone. I was amazed to find that there are approximately three new USA Jacksons in this entire half of the state of Tennessee! No kidding.

I tried Knoxville, Maryville, Johnson City, Morristown, Chattanooga, and even Nashville. Almost nothing. Everybody seems to carry the DK2, a couple of the MG series, and the J series. I figured that one of the big Nashville dealers would have several USA's hanging on the wall, but no.

Comment

Wow, he's a fag.
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I found just the previous week @ the usual music shop I go, a (I think) 475 Charvel and they sell it for 350€. Does it worth the effort of buying it?
                      Dunno. I cannot afford it in any cases atm, so... :>

Comment

They may be like the pawn shops around here and mark twice what they actually want on the tag. My pawn shop Avenger: marked $450, actually scored for $175.
                        |My CSG gallery|
                        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                          They may be like the pawn shops around here and mark twice what they actually want on the tag. My pawn shop Avenger: marked $450, actually scored for $175.
                          Which is really not a bad strategy in a buiness sense: mark twice what you want and get some idiot who doesnt know crap about it to buy it for the twice the price. Plus they know some people just dont like to deal. A lot of stores do that no matter where you go.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with their insane markups. It's their store and their business. What I do have a problem with is them claiming it to be USA-made.

Comment

Working...
                            X