bridge height on model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge height on model 6

so just how high was the bridge set on the model 6 from new?how high do members set theres?i dont use the bar much on this guitar so it rarely gets pulled back,but i think it sits up too much.im no expert with non recessed floating so wanting some opinions/advice please guys.thanks
    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

That looks just fine to me.

You will not get away from having the bridge high up on that guitar. The neck angle demands it.

Comment

thanks sunbane,i never knew if it was too high or not

Comment

I had a look at mine for reference, and it does look like I have mine set a little lower (just a touch). It's hard to tell though, since mine has had an OFR transplant. How do you have the action set? High/medium/low?

Comment

well i feel its a little on the high side but the strings start to buzz more than i like and some frets higher up the neck dont allow a note to ring out.i may need to get the neck adjusted now i think about it?i dont know how to do that.

Comment

id like to change the bridge to the same as yours sunbane

Comment

it looks fine to me too. As Sunbane said, the neck angle on these precludes you from dropping the bridge too low.

'bane, I reckon yours appears to be a little lower because of the forward tilt of your bridge. If the plate was parallel with the strings, I would think you might have to raise the posts a little.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

ok ill leave it as is then,thanks for the info/help guys

Comment

Yeah, I have a little forward tilt on all my floyded guitars. It compensates for the lack of a pull-up route.

If you're having probems with the strings fretting out, you may want to have it adjusted eventually. If you don't know how to do it yourself, you could take it to a tech and let him have a look at it.

Comment

Working...
                  X