1st post here's my guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post here's my guitar

I hope i've posted these pics in the correct section.

Anyway, it's my first post & i've never put up pictures off my digital camera before, so please bare with me if they are a bit rubbish.

Any info on my Charvel would be greatly appreciated, as i know nothing about the guitar at all.

It was bought a couple of years ago for £150/$300. Haven't put it down since. I've took out the bridge pickup & replaced it with a Seymor Duncan Invader pickup, which sounds alot better to my ears now. Volume knob isn't orginal either, but was like that when i got it.

I need to get rid of some of the grime off the fretboard & also some of the rust that's setting in. Any advice on stuff to use, so i won't damage the fretboard?

Thanks for any help!

Here's the pics

That's a Predator and the finish is called Fire Crackle.

Lemon oil is pretty good for fretboard cleaning and care. I'd clean the bridge too if I were you.

Welcome to the board!

Comment

welcome
      my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Welcome to the board. Nice axe, will look good with a clean up. If the trem is rusting and you are capable of dismantling it and putting back together and intonating it ok, I'd strip in down and give it a good clean with WD40. There's plenty of good info, help and advice on hewre and you will find a lot of previous threads using the search function that will help. Where abouts are you?
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

cool guitar. good luck with the stickers

Comment

Nice guitar, if it weren't for the stickers.
            My Main Rig:
            '87 Charvel Model 4A
            Peavey KB100 amp
            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

+2
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

WD40 should help w/ the sticker removal as well, and and Credit card to losen the edges up.. Nice Guitar..

Comment

Thanks to everyone that's made a comment! I really appreciate it!

Ok, so it's a Predator! That's brilliant to know. Any idea how old? Or any idea from what years they started & stopped getting made? Looking at the catalogue scan, was it made from 1989 onwards?

Yes, i thought the stickers may have gotten a mention, but i put them on there as they are personal things to me. I have stickers on my guitar case aswell. It's just something i'm into. I understand that people may feel it ruins the overall look of the guitar, but i'd never sell my Charvel anyway.

I used to have a budget Jackson (i think it was a Fusion ?) til about 10 years, which then it was sadly stolen in a burglary on my house. Bought an Ibanez RG750 after that, but when i got the chance to get the Charvel i jumped at it & sold the Ibanez on.

I'm looking to hopefully purchase another Jackson in the (near) future & continue to play both in different bands.

I currently tune the Charvel to D & will probably tune the Jackson a bit further down than that.

I've updated my profile so you can see where i'm from.
                  Last edited by DaveGrindcore; 02-12-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah, 89 - 91

What's the ser # ?

Comment

Serial number is 346061

Comment

That's my guitar with added stickers. Amazing instrument it is. Oh, the volume knob is not original, in case you wanted to know.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          That's my guitar with added stickers. Amazing instrument it is. Oh, the volume knob is not original, in case you wanted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Nice guitar, if it weren't for the stickers.
                            Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            +2
                            Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                            :ROTF: And trim the excess off the strings. You'll put an eye out with those things.:ROTF:
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Those are feelers, so he doesn't hit the headstock on the wall!

Comment

Working...
                              X