Charvel model A ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model A ?

What can you guys tell me about the Charvel model A? Here's a shot of the one I'm talking about.

I think they are imports that were introduced for the 2003 model year, but it's very hard to find info on them. I believe they were pulled only a year or two after their introduction.

....I also think one of those models became reknowned for its terrifying pickups of ultimate sonic annihilation(?).

EDIT: I found some info off teh intarweb (musiciansnews.com)!

"Charvel builds the scorching-hot Pro Series Model A with a Mahogany body, a Quilt Maple top on the transparent-finish models, and incredibly loud Seymour Duncan Live Wire Heavy Metal humbuckers. These pickups sound huge with tons of mids, harmonics, sustain and incredible output. The Model A has a quartersawn Maple neck with a 24 jumbo-fret Ebony fingerboard and black hardware. Ebony is simply the optimum fingerboard wood with all the warmth of Rosewood and the tightly grained brightness of Maple. Other features include a JT580LP double-locking 2-point tremolo bridge, and black hardware. Supplies of this instrument are limited and when all guitars have been sold, this special price is gone for good."

Technical Description
    Series: Pro Series
    Body: Mahogany with Quilt Maple Top on Transparent Colors
    Neck: Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple
    Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Tuners
    Fingerboard: Ebony
    No. of Frets: 24 Jumbo Frets
    Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Live Wire Metal Humbucker
    Middle Pickup: N/A
    Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Live Wire Metal Humbucker
    Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone,
    Bridge: JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
    Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
    Position 1. Bridge Pickup
    Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
    Position 3. Middle Pickup
    Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
    Position 5. Neck Pickup
    Hardware: Black
    Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
    Case: Not included
    Pickguard: None
    Scale Length: 25.5 in.
    Width at Nut: 1-11/16 in.
    Unique Features: Mother of Pearl Dot Position Inlays, JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
    Last edited by Sunbane; 02-11-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      I think they are imports that were introduced for the 2003 model year, but it's very hard to find info on them. I believe they were pulled only a year or two after their introduction.

....I also think one of those models became reknowned for its terrifying pickups of ultimate sonic annihilation(?).

Lol. Yeah I've been having a hard time finding any information on the guitar. I know that it has a Seymour Duncan Livewire pickup set and that they are pretty brutal but that's about all I know.

Comment

Oh yeah and just for fun here's some shots of my 475 Special (Or Deluxe I have no idea how to tell them apart).

Comment

I had one in red. I wish I had not sold it. The pickups were too much though. great harmonics and really heavy distortion. amazing player!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Any idea how much these guitars sell for used? I have an '03 Ibanez PGM30 that I'm thinking of trading for the model A.

Comment

I sold mine for $450 on ebay after having it up 3 times.

Comment

Info on the Japanese Charvel Models A, B, C etc here:
                http://www.jacksonstars.com/top.html

The Model A looks really cool, esp in Amber - doubt I'd ever find one here in the UK though.

Comment

Working...
                X