Another Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Charvel!

So I've bought yet another Charvel... This time, it actually has a trem-unit that works! Not sure what model it is, but I can tell you this:
    Pointy head, rosewood board, behind the nut locking, single hum and single volume, and a jackson licensed trem. JT-6? It's color is a blue metallic, and the guitar is in remarkably good condition for being made in 1987.

The other project has been put on hold as i have some problems with the filler etc, and I'm looking to modifying this baby!

The knife-edges on the trem are worn, as it goes a bit sharp when i raise the bar... So I need to get an OFR. The frets are worn aswell (nothing major i guess), and the behind-the-nut locking is a pain in the ass (I'm used to floyd locking nuts) However, the neck itself feels great! First priority will be a new trem (and possibly a new neck, not sure..) For this I'm considering warmoth, as they can sell me both! Any better dealers you'd recommend? They have to ship internationally, as I'm Norwegian. The pickup is not priority number one, as i feel the trem and neck are in greater need of care. Any experience from putting a floyd locking nut on these necks (i made a post a year ago about this aswell), and is this something i can do myself with the right supplies?

Thanks!

If I were you, I'd just get use to the locking nut placement. It's all cosmetic, no reason to replace the neck. You've already stated you like the feel so why fix it? You might not like the other neck profile...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

You can sharpen the trem knife edges with a file and it will be fine.The behind the nut locks work great.Sounds like a model 2.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My Main Rig:
        '87 Charvel Model 4A
        Peavey KB100 amp
        Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
        '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        '05 Ibanez RG320FM
        '86 Ovation Pinnacle
        '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
        '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Tommy from the gitarnorge.com-forums?

Originally posted by Tommy_88 View Post
          So I've bought yet another Charvel... This time, it actually has a trem-unit that works! Not sure what model it is, but I can tell you this:
          Pointy head, rosewood board, behind the nut locking, single hum and single volume, and a jackson licensed trem. JT-6? It's color is a blue metallic, and the guitar is in remarkably good condition for being made in 1987.

The other project has been put on hold as i have some problems with the filler etc, and I'm looking to modifying this baby!

The knife-edges on the trem are worn, as it goes a bit sharp when i raise the bar... So I need to get an OFR. The frets are worn aswell (nothing major i guess), and the behind-the-nut locking is a pain in the ass (I'm used to floyd locking nuts) However, the neck itself feels great! First priority will be a new trem (and possibly a new neck, not sure..) For this I'm considering warmoth, as they can sell me both! Any better dealers you'd recommend? They have to ship internationally, as I'm Norwegian. The pickup is not priority number one, as i feel the trem and neck are in greater need of care. Any experience from putting a floyd locking nut on these necks (i made a post a year ago about this aswell), and is this something i can do myself with the right supplies?

Thanks!
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
            Tommy from the gitarnorge.com-forums?
            I'd say so It's www.gitarnorge.no btw!

Yeah' I'll take some pics, and post them...
            But wouldn't sharpening the knife edges with a file fuck up the intonation? Or would I be able to adjust that at the saddles?

Comment

Hehe, .no it is! So the model 3-project isn't working out?

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                Hehe, .no it is! So the model 3-project isn't working out?
                Well the filler got screwed up, and i have to wait for warmer weather to put a new load of it in... I saw this guitar hanging in a corner at a guitar-shop, and i just had to have it!
                The funny part is, the salesman was convinced it was an US, so he said he wanted 3 times the price i paid for it, after i convinced him it was an import! God damn they'd make a profit to sell it for the price he was asking (10 000 NOK, i payed 2800 NOK) lol

Comment

All intonation issues can be taken care of through the saddles. Filed knife edges or not...

What are you using the filler for?
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    All intonation issues can be taken care of through the saddles. Filed knife edges or not...

What are you using the filler for?
                    Yeah I thought... But after i oiled the bitch up (the guitar, d'oh ), the trem actually works quite nicely! It doesn't get all that sharp when i pull the bar up, so I don't think I'll bother to sharpen the edges just yet. I'm filling in two single-coil hoiles... I need to seal the wood better before I put the stuff in. Actually i need to actually SEAL it, which I did not to the first time. Bummer!

Comment

So I've uploaded some pics:
                      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

And one of the happy owner (I'm in the back (yes, the one with the dirt in his mouth O.o))

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_88 View Post
                        So I've uploaded some pics:
                        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

And one of the happy owner (I'm in the back (yes, the one with the dirt in his mouth O.o))

Er det ei Koldbrann t-skjorte kompisen din har på seg?

Comment

Why do you have dirt in your mouth?
                          My Main Rig:
                          '87 Charvel Model 4A
                          Peavey KB100 amp
                          Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                          '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                          '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                          '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                          '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                          '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Darn dirt-eating Norwegians. :P

Nice guit.
                            |My CSG gallery|
                            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

My guess is that Tommy-boy is using what we call "Snus", which is a Swedish invention..It's a chewing-tobacco of sorts,but it's more fine-grained - and you place it under your lip and leave it there for an hour or so..Then it releases the nicotine and other stuff straight into your bloodstream, so you get a different fix than when you'd smoke cigarettes..

It's eiter that, or Tommy has done a face-plant with his mouth open

Comment

Working...
                              X