750XL VS. Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Like I said. You've got setup problems...
    No, they were set up properly. The biggest issue I see with kahlers is how the ball end seats into the trem - if they would lock in place like a floyd then they would stay in tune better.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
      No, they were set up properly. The biggest issue I see with kahlers is how the ball end seats into the trem - if they would lock in place like a floyd then they would stay in tune better.
      Read the link above. Pre-bending, tinning your strings (so they are smooth against the cam surface) and ensuring they are oriented correctly will fix this. I had your problem until I did that.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I would say an AT PRO as opposed to either of the others. These are very nice, sleek guitars that kick much ass !!!!!

Comment

I've had 6's and 750's, I much prefer the 750. I'm an old school LP guy though, so the short scale and thick body are something I'm very used to.

Comment

Read the link above. Pre-bending, tinning your strings (so they are smooth against the cam surface) and ensuring they are oriented correctly will fix this. I had your problem until I did that.
            I did those things, still didn't work. The best setup kahler in the world won't stay in tune as well as the best setup floyd in the world, or even an average floyd in good shape. Just a fact of life. I'm glad you like your kahler, but a single locking trem like a Kahler ain't going to stay in tune as well as a floyd. End of story.

Pete

Comment

Sorry mate, but I beg to differ. Both my Stealths NEVER go out of tune. But of course, you won't believe that until you've played them so you're never going to agree with me. Believe it or not, there are other single-locking trems (not just the Kahler) that hold tune just as well as a Floyd. In another universe, the Kahler is the most popular trem. But the reality is, just not here. I enjoy my Floyds and Kahlers, and I like the freedom of being able to pick up a guitar equipped with either...
              Last edited by Sanctuary; 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM.
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthier View Post
                I've had 6's and 750's, I much prefer the 750. I'm an old school LP guy though, so the short scale and thick body are something I'm very used to.
                +1 A 750XL is nothing next to a '70s Norlin heavyweight.

Comment

Sorry mate, but I beg to differ. Both my Stealths NEVER go out of tune. But of course, you won't believe that until you've played them so you're never going to agree with me. Believe it or not, there are other single-locking trems (not just the Kahler) that hold tune just as well as a Floyd. In another universe, the Kahler is the most popular trem. But the reality is, just not here. I enjoy my Floyds and Kahlers, and I like the freedom of being able to pick up a guitar equipped with either...
                  We must have radically different playing styles then. The guitars I owned with Kahlers, all of which were set up properly:

1984 USA Charvel San Dimas (red one humbucker maple board)
                  1988 Carvin V440
                  19?? Gibson Explorer
                  1987 Charvel model 5
                  1987 Charvel model 6

I also played Tommy Shaw's San Dimas guitar (Lloyd from SD guitars wanted my opinion on it, and it's a cool guitar. Brand stinkin' new Kahler, properly set up with stretched strings. It took a little while but I knocked it out of tune. I have floyd guitars that if they stay at roughly the same temperature and humidity, will not go out tune in between string changes - and I'm talking about WEEKS here. I'm not talking about being able to adjust it with a fine tuner - literally, never touch the fine tuners between string changes. Never seen a Kahler do that.

So you're telling me that you tune your kahlered guitars once until it's time to change strings?

Pete

Comment

I have both, I love both. It is a win, win. No loser. It is like one is a hot blonde, and the other is a hot red head. One may have bigger knockers, but the other has a tighter ass. I comes down to if you are a boob or a butt man. To me it's all good.
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Awesome! Well said, and I agree 100%. They are very different from each other, with different strong points. When I play each one for a while, I think to myself, "It just doesn't get much better than this. I can't believe I didn't pay 2 or 3 times what I did for this guitar!" The only good solution is to get both, imo. Everyone should treat themselves to at least one of each. The world would be a happier place!

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                        I have both, I love both. It is a win, win. No loser. It is like one is a hot blonde, and the other is a hot red head. One may have bigger knockers, but the other has a tighter ass. I comes down to if you are a boob or a butt man. To me it's all good.
                        Classic Response!!

Comment

Working...
                        X