No announcement yet.

Dual hums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He means the screws on the trem itself that run inside the fine-tuners, not the ones on the behind-the-nut lock.

Comment

I read jt-6 and saw that it was a jt-6

If the jt-6 is worn, it's possible to change it for either a Schaller floyd or an OFR, correct?

And the model 3 isn't routed for pull-ups on the trem?
      My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

SteveK, I was referring to the screws at the bridge end of the strings... That's why I wrote "inside the fine tuners".

MortenP-

I've swapped out 3 JT-6's with OFR's, and everything was hunky dory.
        I'm pretty sure that the Schallers have the same stud spacing, so you shouldn't have a problem

The 80's Charvel Model series did not have recessed trems, but you should be able to pull up maybe two whole steps on the G string if you set the trem up to float away from the body a bit.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Gratulerer, Morten!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's amazing how many people think you can't pull up with a non-recessed trem.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
              and then, when they finally get one, wonder why they can't lower it to the deck without the strings lying down on the frets.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Gratulerer, Morten!
                Tusen takk Ron! Wow, your norwegian is good!

Comment

I never thought I couldn't, I didn't know if I could - big difference!

Comment

Morten, I wasn't singling you out. It just seems like a lot of people in general seem to think so these days. There are just fewer of us old-timers around who remember when they were all non-recessed.

Comment

Morten, I wasn't singling you out. It just seems like a lot of people in general seem to think so these days. There are just fewer of us old-timers around who remember when they were all non-recessed.

But are you old enough to remember when the first trem was introduced?

Comment

Wow Morten, you're on a Model acquisition spree! Congrats if you do get it!

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                          Wow Morten, you're on a Model acquisition spree! Congrats if you do get it!
                          Yup, I'm goin' kwayzey!

Comment

Working...
                          X