Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here :)

Hey ppl.

Just thought I'd introduce myself... Will post soem pics of my small yet effective collection later (when I get home..) consisting of a Charvel model 5 (with JT-6) and a Phil Collen (3 - MIJ) signature.

Also, Im thinking of doing a project... A replica of one of Gary Moore's charvel strats... What would the guru's recommend? I was thinking of a Model 2, getting a neck from warmoth... but where do I get the routing done for the scratchplate?? of should I just mod a CX291??

Gr8 forum, very helpful...
    Cheers
    Stew

Welcome . Maybe look at a model 1

Comment

Welcome aboard! If you use a Model Series, Warmoth might not be your best bet for the neck. The neck pocket width is 2 1/4" and Warmoth won't do that for some reason. Musikraft does the correct heel width, and they offer a Charvel head shape option as well.

GUITAR PARTS MANUFACTURING Welcome to Musikraft, the premier destination for Fender-licensed neck replacements! With over 30 years of experience in the

Like Rich suggested, you might be better off starting out with a Model 1 body and doing the floyd conversion, rather than having all that other routing done to a Model 2. One more option would be to go with a new body. Denny (Slash) here on the forum makes bodies. Here's his site:

Comment

Howdy!

Comment

hey guys

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome...

As promised, heres my little collection:

I will have a look round at some model 1's and also at musikraft for some necks.. Thanks v. much for the advice...

Enjoy the weekends ppl...

Comment

Hi Stewie, and welcome!

Er, your pics are not showing, it looks like you don't have them on a pic server? Here's a pic host tutorial: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708

A lot of us use photobucket.com

Or you can try

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

welcome aboard.

Comment

c:/guitars/charvel.jpg
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                  Too bad the image URLs are prepended with the host address, otherwise we could all just put our own Charvels in c:\guitars\charvel.jpg and go "Whoa! Killer axe!".

Comment

welcome, stew, good to have you onboard -
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Welcome to the Coolest Charvel/Jackson Board on the net.. Lots of info here...

Comment

doh!

Doh!...

I have just created a photobucket accoutn so I will stick them up when i get home..

Comment

Working...
                        X