Just scored my first ever Fusion!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored my first ever Fusion!!!

I had been itching for a Fusion for a while and just scored this one on ebay a few minutes ago. I have a spare dual rails pickup kicking around so that takes care of the dead single coil issue.

A new (Duncan or Dimarzio) bridge humbucker as well as totally new pots and switches (see that scary wiring job in there now?) and this will make a for a great axe I hope.

Not to worried about the scratches on the back really as it will remain a players guitar.

Was the price pretty decent for such a toothpaste Fusion model?

nice! That's a great colour and a good price too. Shame about the work that needs doing, but if you're confident to do it yourself, I think you made out on that deal.

I don't know if Budman will ship to Canada anymore, but he can fix you right up with those rear plates. Check out www.fretsonthenet.com
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks!

In regards to the wiring, I have been doing my own for nearly 20 years and can put many factory wiring jobs to shame in terms of quality of parts and neatness.

I do not think that Budman ships international anymore due to a few that ruined it for the many honest rest of us but I'll just get him to ship to family in Texas and then have it sent my way eventually.

I'll need a new mounting ring, as well as both back plates and some screws as well.

Another project!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on it and start!

Comment

Congrats on the Charvel. I really dig that color of blue. I think you did fairly well as far as the price goes.

Comment

That's a great price. I have a similar guitar, not a fusion, but a Model 375 with the toothpaste logo, with the same pickup config. Mine is Magenta (Pink-purple metallic) I just love it. I got the same parts that you need from frets-on-the-net and the back plate fit perfectly. Also the p/u ring too. I put in a Dimarzio F-spaced Super Distortion and it toally rocks. One of my best players now. Also, the neck on mine should be similar to yours, if it is, you love it. Straight as a arrow and I can get the stings very low with out a buzz. One of my favorite necks too!

Congrats man, great score. I love the color, especially the matching headstock. Very cool, show what it looks like when your done with it. Heres mine:

Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

What a coincidence!

I too have a silver flake colored 375 and it has a Full Shred in the bridge as well as two dual rails from a warrior in the middle and neck. Love the toothpaste necks as they are so slim and fast.

Last edited by vklobucar; 02-18-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

very nice score. Great color!!

Comment

Killer man, nice score!
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                  What a coincidence!

I too have a silver flake colored 375 and it has a Full Shred in the bridge as well as two dual rails from a warrior in the middle and neck. Love the toothpaste necks as they are so slim and fast.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...375Special.jpg
                  I love that finish. My next project is going to be changing the 2 single coils for dual rails. The biggest problem I'm facing is trying to find pickups that fit in the routes for those singles. Most have the front "tabs" that won't fit in those holes. I'll have to modify whatever I come up with. What kind of pickups are those you have??

PS: I mentioned this in another post, but I scored that magenta 375 for $139.00 used at Guitar Center right before Christmas (2006) at their clearance sale. I used to see it there with a price tag of $299.00 before that!
                  Last edited by jrnic; 02-19-2007, 01:26 AM.
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

Came out of a Warrior so they were a direct fit. Sounds a lot like hot rails and best of all they are noise free true humbuckers. I cant stand that single coil hum!

Comment

Good score, nice color! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks all!!

Comment

That is a nice score. I was checking that one out myself...

I just scored a Charvel Fusion Custom. Same as yours except its that Magenta color. Found it in a pawn shop here in town. Looks like someone played it for about 10 minutes then put it away. They changed the hum to an EMG 85 but the singles are the stock rails. I love it. Got it for the same price, $175. Can't beat that...

Nice score...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

thats a hell of a deal! great color.
                            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                            X