Charvel Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Neck

I just recieved a charvel reverse pointy neck I purchased on ebay today and to my surprise it had a Kahler locking nut very similar to a Floyd nut. It looks to be original to the neck, if not its a perfect install . Are these any good ( never seen one before )? Is it possible to replace it with a Floyd nut without modification?
    Thanks

Originally posted by GuitarWizard View Post
    I just recieved a charvel reverse pointy neck I purchased on ebay today and to my surprise it had a Kahler locking nut very similar to a Floyd nut. It looks to be original to the neck, if not its a perfect install .
    Those string locks were original to most of the Model series guitars. Note that they aren't nuts...the nut you have on that guitar is a phenolic one...and then that string lock behind it.

Are these any good ( never seen one before )?
    It mostly depends on the condition of the nut. As long as the strings aren't binding I figure it should stay in tune. I would prefer a Floyd nut personally.

Is it possible to replace it with a Floyd nut without modification?
    Nope. You would have to build a "shelf" for the Floyd nut to sit on.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 02-27-2007, 06:27 PM.

Comment

This has no phenolic nut in front of the locking nut ( I'm familiar with that version ) , it is all one piece like a Floyd and already has a "shelf" .

Comment

I've seen a few like that... is it not as long as a floyd nut? (the saddle pieces aren't square, they are more like a rectangle, right?)

Pete

Comment

my old spectrum had that kind of setup.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

My 3dr has one like that. So did a lot of model 4's. Its just as good as a floyd nut. No need to replace it.

Comment

Thanks guy's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X