CSM-1G Pointy - Craigslist mutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSM-1G Pointy - Craigslist mutt

Hey everyone - I picked up this guitar via Craigslist this week and am looking for a little input. Based on the pictures in the ad, I thought it was a CX391 with a replacement neck (possibly a Mighty Mite). Since it had an OFR, for 250 bucks it would be a good donor guitar for parts I needed on another project. However, when I got the neck off, the body is in fact a CSM-1G. I searched the forum here for details on this model, but there is not alot of information. Also, from what I understand the typical headstock on a CSM-1G is identical to the CX391. I can't state for certain, but it really seems as though the neck on this guitar is 90s Charvel Japan and potentially original to it. It's capped, has a brass truss rod nut, but doesn't have any logo. It could just be a no-name replacment neck on the other hand. Here's some pics:

Here's some links to photos of a CSM-1G I found on the net:

Other shots:

What do you guys think? Any remote chance that perhaps the neck is original to the guitar (even though it doesn't have a logo)? CSM-1Gs had a Vintage trem, and you can see that the body was routed for the Floyd. Maybe the Floyd was added when the neck was added? Also, does anyone know what pickups were in this model? I think it will stay just like it is and not be used for parts. Thanks ahead of time for any and all input. Take it easy -

The LPH pickups are OK very mid range I say the floyd was changed when the neck was so not original most likely a M/M.Very nice for the money.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The neck looks like an old Fernandes pointy neck.

Comment

Quick silly question. I know most people think it's a replacement neck, but how common are tuners with the old Charvel guitar logo? Were they back before my 87 Model 6 or are they recent? My time-frame for J/C guitars is only between 87 to 93 and I've never seen them before.
        My gear
        87 Charvel Model 6
        86 Charvel Model 4
        93 Jackson RR EX
        93 Jackson Kelly STD
        88 Ibanez RG560
        99 Schecter Diamond C-7
        Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Charvel logo tuners like those were used pretty much from 1989 through the end of the "toothpaste" logo models. They were normally on the lower line Charvel imports and all of the Charvette guitars.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, Ive got those on my cx. Charvel logo with the gotoh engraved like that.

Comment

Hehe - now that I'm looking at it, the tuners are upside down (and are probably the same ones that were on the original neck). In any case, thanks for the comments. I just need to dial it in a bit more and it will be a good player

Comment

Nice looking Charvel there, mutt or not.

Comment

Working...
                X