750XL Trem posts/studs/bushings help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750XL Trem posts/studs/bushings help

With an amber clear flame top I really don't want to plug, dowel, and redrill for new posts. Wondering if anyone has found replacement studs, posts, and/or bushings for these trems? The post is straight with no head, and hex key to adjust. The bushings are huge, about .5 inch dia, and I have found nothing close to beingthat big for replacements. I have read the previous posts, just wondering if there are any more ideas out there. Thanks.

Check with Budman on here, www.fretsonthenet.com (I think) he may do them.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I've had to resort to buying a body with the correct post, taking the post out, then selling the body. It sucks but they are hard to find.

Comment

750XLs are neck throughs. I did email Budman for his opinion. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bbake1 View Post
          750XLs are neck throughs. I did email Budman for his opinion. Thanks.
          750's are NOT neck throughs! And besides, he meant buy a body, steal the posts from it, and put those posts in your 750...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

My two 750XLs are not bolt-on necks. I understand about buying the body now for the studs. Problem is most are black, I want chrome. Thanks.

Comment

They are set-neck, not neckthrough. The smooth heel contour fools a lot of people.

Comment

True. Sorry, my misuse of words.

Comment

Big difference there bbake in a set neck and a through neck. The 750 was the first import Charvel not made by neck through or bolt on design...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Doesn't your 750XL have the Schaller trem? Trem posts and bushings can be bought new from suppliers who can get OFR's. I replaced the posts and trem knife edges on my Spectrum a couple of years ago.

Comment

He might have the large sized holes for the bushings. Those large bushings are hard to find.

Comment

Yes, my 750XL also has the "JT-6" bushings, although it has a JT-590 trem.

Comment

Oh, bugger......

Comment

I've emailed pics and dimensions to Dave at fretsonthenet. We'll see what he can up with. Yeah the bushings are .5 inch in diameter, they're huge. I ordered all the posts I could find and none are even close. All are way too small and have courser threads than what is in there.

Comment

I've replied to your email letting you know that unfortunately you're not going to find a set of those in chrome. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X