Trying to buy a "Predator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to buy a "Predator"

Are all Model one Charvel's predators, and if not what is the difference between regular model one's and a predator. (Serial numbers, pickup's necks,etc.)
    Thanks

Charvel Predators look like a Fusion with a reverse headstock.
    1 Hum with 1 slant single coil
    -Rick

Comment

Does the term "3dr" mean anything. My friend has one and im trying to find out what he has. the serial is 316225...any clue if this is the predator

Comment

The 3-DR became the Predator. Same guitar.
        -Rick

Comment

So your 'friend' is selling this (#316225)?:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Jackson-...QQcmdZViewItem

People have already explained this to him. Look at the questions from other members at the bottom of the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            The 3-DR became the Predator. Same guitar.
            Different headstock logo, though. 3DR has the guitar logo, the Predator has the toothpaste logo.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Blade p/u in the neck slot on the Predator, as opposed to the true single coil J100 in the 3Dr.

Comment

And dont forget the trem, schaller vs. jt6 and the predator is recessed while the 3dr is not. There are some other subtle differences as well.

Comment

Details guys.
                  -Rick

Comment

Also, the predator has a scalloped heel!

Comment

Originally posted by 69buickman View Post
                      Does the term "3dr" mean anything. My friend has one and im trying to find out what he has. the serial is 316225...any clue if this is the predator
                      yes, its an acronym for model 3, dinky, reverse. (dinky body, reversed headstock)

Comment

Does the Model "3DR' neck play or feel like the necks that were on the predators?

Comment

3Dr's have a thin fast profile.. IMO, much like a wizard. The bolt on fusions I've owned and played by both Jackson/Charvel are also similar to me. I just played a Predator recently.. it had a little more back to it.. a rounded C neck shape IMO..not a great deal of difference but it did seem different from my 3Dr.

Comment

Working...
                          X