Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup ring on model 6

Hello,
    Long time watcher , first time poster.I am in the process of reworking a 87` model 6 charvel. I bought a bridge pickup for it (w/ ring included) only to find out the ring is to small for the original bolt pattern.At that point I checked it vs several others I had around here.All of which were to small.I am guessing that the older charvels had larger pickup rings on them.
    My question is do you think it is safe to assume that ALL of the older jackson pickups had larger rings or do you think it is native to the particular model of pickup that came stock in this beast?(J-50BC)

All the model series with the covered humbuckers require the large rings. They are a pita to find but you can buy nice ones from Dave (Budman)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      All the model series with the covered humbuckers require the large rings. They are a pita to find but you can buy nice ones from Dave (Budman)

www.fretsonthenet.com
      I agree, check out his site. I picked up a few p/u rings from him for my 80's Charvels. They fit perfect!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Budman is the model series cure!
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
          Budman is the model series cure!
          Yep! Go Dave!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks guys. You have helped much!

Comment

Working...
            X