Model 4 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I have a Model 4, also. Great guitar. May need a pickup change though. Best of luck to you!
    May need a pickup change because you don't like the way they sound? I'm looking around for a good Model 4 and was wondering how those active Jacksons sound? Any feedback from model 4 owners would be appreciated.

Comment

I'm a long-time Model 4 owner and I think the pickups give a lovely clean sound, but start to lose it a bit when dirtied up. A mate replaced his pickups with an SD JB and 2 x Quartepounders, took a bit of adjusting to nail the sound, but we've done an A/B comparison and the passive pickups definately sound better (to our ears) thru a cranked-up Marshall.

Been thinking of changing mine for a couple of years, just not got round to it yet.

Comment

Well, first, the stockers arent active. They are passive but have that mid boost. Many people love the stockers. I find them alittle bland and thought the bucker lacked clarity under high gain and warmth. I have a BBQ in one of mine and the other is getting either a Seymour duncan Warren Dimartini custom shop pup or a PATB1

Comment

Working...
        X