Humbucker opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker opinion

Correct me if im wrong but predators and fusins came with a model J90c humbucker..... Question is i have a Emg-81 active sitting right next to me In your guy's opinion is it woth it to have someone swap them out?

Fusions

Comment

the J90-C is a kickass high-output humbucker. I love it and would see no reason to replace it.

of course, I'm not an EMG guy either, but that's not the issue here.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

So probably wouldnt be worth it thanks for the opinion man

Comment

maybe ill just sell the 81 on ebay

Comment

I had an EMG 81 active in my Model 2 for awhile, a decent all-purpose pickup with better perceived output than the J90C in my opinion (possibly/probably due to being an active system). In the end, it still didn't give me what I was looking for (and I got tired of changing batteries as well) so I ended up replacing the 81 with a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader. The output of the SH-8 incredible and the sustain is to die for...

Comment

Originally posted by modelo dos View Post
              (and I got tired of changing batteries as well)
              Yeah, it's a real nuisance to change a battery for EMGs every year or so, isn't it? :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Yeah, it's a real nuisance to change a battery for EMGs every year or so, isn't it? :ROTF:

He probably left it plugged in all the time. That drains down the batteries pretty quick.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

While certainly not the main reason for removing the 81 (as stated in my post), it actually was a bit of a pain. While I suppose I do see your humor, I know I never had a battery last a year, I think I replaced it at least 3 times a year if not more. Maybe I was buying cheap or old batteries, I dunno.... I didn't leave it plugged in, I know that will definitely drain the bat in a hurry. I usually store my guitar in it's case when not being played as my dog is quite large, has a constantly wagging tail the size of a small tree trunk and no understanding of her strength or the value of guitar hardware. "Like a bull in a china shop" comes to mind....

I'm by no means knocking the EMG 81, it's a nice system, just didn't suit my desires for that guitar. Now I get much higher output from the SH-8, and without the need to worry about batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by 69buickman View Post
                    Correct me if im wrong but predators and fusins came with a model J90c humbucker..... Question is i have a Emg-81 active sitting right next to me In your guy's opinion is it woth it to have someone swap them out?
                    I would'nt, the j90c is a great pup IMO
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by 69buickman View Post
                      Correct me if im wrong but am I a douche gargling wombat fister? In your guy's opinion Will it get me banned here for being a prick?
                      I think you are correct... :ROTF:

Comment

J90-c's kick ass
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X