No announcement yet.

My Model 4A pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Model 4 there. Quick question, who is the guy on the left with the wrestling tights and headband? Doesn't look like he's your bass player? Was he a prop? EDIT: doh, I see a mic cord so I guess he is your singer lol.

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
      Love Model 4's...one of mine is a Pearl White '88 - real purty LOL! Anyway, FWIW, 1986 Model 4's had dots, 1987 and 1988 Model 4's has fins, EXCEPT all maple neck 4's had dots.

Mark
      Which would be a Model 4M for ther Maple necks.. 4A?? Seems to be the question..I have severael model 4's 4A is a new one for me though.. BUT, I have learned a hell of alot here..so enlighten me someone please...

Comment

4A???

Checked all the catalogs and could not find a Model 4A...and FWIW I had never heard that designation, but I've learned never to say never LOL! 4M designation for maple boards work for me though.

Mark
        "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Found a 4A..

I knew it...I knew it...just finished my previous response and double checked the catalogs - and - 1988 Special Edition Import catalog shows the Model 4A. Unfortunately the print is small and I'm freakin' half blind so I can't compare specs to see what the "A" means. Any help on this one? I'm real curious now....

Mark
          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

I've played Charvels for MANY years, and up until now, the 4A was not in my vocab, so I was wondering. I won't give up until I see it with my own eyes though...

Comment

Very nice! I see you've kept her in great shape. Nice and clean.
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Does nobody know what the "A" means?
                My Main Rig:
                '87 Charvel Model 4A
                Peavey KB100 amp
                Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Well, I believe this is my first post here. I have been a long time Kramer Player/collector. But, in my defense I also love and own Jacksons and Charvels. I had to post after seeing that nice Model.4. I have it's twin, looks exactly the same. I love the model 4's for the full size bodies. I never see much as far as thats why people like them. I have a few Soloists and the dinky body is cool, but I love that full size body and Shark inlays of the 87's. Awesome guitar. The neck takes some getting used to but after that you fly. Love mine, Model 4's Equal anything I've played.

Comment

Awesome model 4! They are amazing guitars! plus I like the action shot too! I wont say anything cuz it was perfect for the yr it was..

Back in the 80s, I thought the 4s looked special. They caught alot of flack for being japanese made back then, but I stared at the catalogs for hours. I didnt have the money for one.
                    Now, I have 2 and am blown away by the great neck and solid feel and huge tone. I did put a BBQ in one. (Awesome!!!) and a duncan distortion in the other. ( going to replace with a Warren Di martini custom shop duncan).

Rock on!!

Comment

Working...
                    X