Model 5. Recognition problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5. Recognition problem

Hello, We've come across a problem with recognition of this Charvel's model. The seller sais it can be either Model 5 or 6, but we didn't find these models with same configuration.

body (poplar), neck (the May pulling through neck), finger board (rose wood), pickups (humbuckers 2 x J80C) control (VOL TONE GAINBOOSTER) they are 5 way selectors.

Can you help please.

Here are a few pics:

Thanks.

That appears to be a 1989 Japanese market Soloist.

Comment

Thank for the link! It's just relief. Apparently it is like this (but only neck-thru with a shaller floyd)

How do you think if it's ok to get that guitar for $450 used in good conditions?

Comment

It can't be model 6 because, model 6es had HSS config.

Comment

Originally posted by separanets View Post
          ok to get that guitar for $450 used in good conditions?
          Sures!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How do you think if it's ok to get that guitar for $450 used in good conditions?
            Take it and run away! Model 6es are going for 600+ on eBay.

Comment

Ok, thank you, I'll try. It's aparently a Soloist 140-HH crackle

Comment

It's hard to price the Japanese market Charvels/Jacksons, but as a neckthrough in what appears to be very good condition, $450 is a very good price. If you don't want it, let me know 'cause I'll be happy to pay $450 for that!

Go get it!! I'm sure you'll be really happy with it!!

Comment

I will try to win it, defentely, thank you! Cant wait to see it at home

Comment

Sorry, again. Is that possible to spot the s/n on the pictures I gave in my first post? Is that the right location where I'm looking for the s/n?

I've no doubt the guitar has it though, but just in case. To be sure. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, that's where the serial numbers are on neck-through guitars. I can't really see it though...why not ask the seller?

This is from Yahoo Japan, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                        Yes, that's where the serial numbers are on neck-through guitars. I can't really see it though...why not ask the seller?

This is from Yahoo Japan, right?
                        Yes indeed!

Can you speak Japanese?

Comment

Can you speak Japanese?
                          No, but I'd like to, too bad I probably could never learn it. Can you?

I usually browse Yahoo Japan for cool Jacksons, lot of great stuff can be found there . Then I use google or babelfish translator .

Comment

Hehe, neither can I, so we've no chance to contact the seller, because as a rule the Japanese don't speak English. I tried once to address a seller in English and was nearly put down in his black book. My penpal from Japan told me it could look like a wilde attack and disrespect and stuff.

So now I've asked my agent to telephone the seller, but the time zones and rules of Japanese politeness may stop the agent. It's 20 hours left, too little time.

Anyway, let's decide on our own if I'm to purchase it blindly or I have to pass it by due to some suspicious issue.
                            Last edited by separanets; 04-19-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

This is Japanse for "What is the serial number of that Charvel?"

Charvelのこのギターの通し番号は何であるか。
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X