No announcement yet.

Newb with a Model 6 w/ kahler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome and congrats! I have a '86 model 6 also. I bought it new in '87 and it's been my #1 since.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I have an 87 firecrackle and a modded 86 single hum. Love the Black Cherry!!
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Congrats on a nice axe! I have a purple '86 Model 6 and have also had Cobalt Blue and Shattered Glass '86 Model 6s too, which sadly I had to sell. They are beautiful guitars!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Shattered glass? Was that a re-fin?
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I've got a black (repainted) Model 6 with a Kahler. Best guitar I ever had....it's just awesome !
            I also had a Model 6 with a Floyd but it didn't come close to my Kahler equiped axe. The same goes for my 650 XL with a Schaller btw.

Comment

Welcome and sweet guitar. You look like a wild man in that pic.

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              A Charvel was my first Charvel / Jackson guitar as well. It was a pearl white 86 with a Kahler.

Awesome guitar. Congrats!

- E.
              Like this!

Tim

Comment

Unbelievble Job He Did Your Luthier
                Couldnt Believe How Beautiful It Looks In The Pic For A Guitar That You Say Was Broken Into Three Parts - Wtf ???!!! (-:

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                  Shattered glass? Was that a re-fin?
                  I don't know, it had no serial no. so maybe. I contacted IMC who own de Charvel at the time and they speculated that an artist or endorsee had ordered it like that, but they had no idea. They said because orders like that often weren't serialized. It was just an import Model 6 after all, not a USA model. It actually looked like an applique of some sort because it was dinged in a few spots and was plain black underneath, but it was so well-done I think it had to be factory.

I bought that guitar at Angelo's Pawn in Santa Monica for $125! It was behind the counter, not even on display. I just saw a pointy headstock literally peeking out from under another guitar and asked them what was that?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Unbelievble Job He Did Your Luthier
                    Couldnt Believe How Beautiful It Looks In The Pic For A Guitar That You Say Was Broken Into Three Parts - Wtf ???!!! (-:

Comment

i can post some battle scar pics for ya'll here in a little while once i find my camera

Comment

Working...
                      X