Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about charvel model6

Hi to all.
    Wich are the differences between a charvel model 6 toothpaste logo and a model 6 with charvel/jackson logo?
    Thanx

I think you've confused things a little.

First there was the Charvel Model 6 (1986-1988); This is like a soloist, except with a non-recessed trem (Kahler in 1986, Jackson JT-6 in 1987-1988), and a non-sculpted heel. It was part of the "Model series", and had a guitar-shaped logo.

Later there was the Charvel 650XL (1989-1991); Again, it's pretty much a soloist with a non-recessed trem (Schaller-made JT-590). It had a pull-up route under the trem, and had the "toothpaste logo". It is basically the same as a Model 6, but the upgraded trem alone makes it a better guitar IMO.

You also have the Jackson Soloist Pro (1990-1995); Ebony fretboard, fully recessed trem (Schaller JT-590), with a Jackson inlaid pearl logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      I think you've confused things a little.

First there was the Charvel Model 6 (1986-1988); This is like a soloist, except with a non-recessed trem (Kahler in 1986, Jackson JT-6 in 1987-1988), and a non-sculpted heel. It was part of the "Model series", and had a guitar-shaped logo.

Later there was the Charvel 650XL (1989-1991); Again, it's pretty much a soloist with a non-recessed trem (Schaller-made JT-590). It had a pull-up route under the trem, and had the "toothpaste logo". It is basically the same as a Model 6, but the upgraded trem alone makes it a better guitar IMO.

You also have the Jackson Soloist Pro (1990-1995); Ebony fretboard, fully recessed trem (Schaller JT-590), with a Jackson inlaid pearl logo.
      Thanks for the clear explaination...so i'm looking for a charvel 650xl or model 6 with Jackson JT-6 trem ...
      But it's to hard to find.
      There is a 650xl here but i think that the price is high

http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/ann...50-ex-demo.htm

Comment

Another question...how about the 750xl?
        I've found one for 400 euros

Comment

Originally posted by charvellotic View Post
          Another question...how about the 750xl?
          I've found one for 400 euros
          BUY IT!!! That is a really good deal for a 750XL, in pretty much any condition!

Charvel 750XL:

Body: Mahogany body with maple arch top.
          Neck: Maple set neck, 24 frets, rosewood compound radius fretboard, reverse MoP sharfins.
          Neck scale: 24.74" (Gibson)
          Binding: Neck and headstock.
          Hardware: Black.
          Bridge: Non-recessed Jackson JT-590 (made in Germany by Schaller).
          Pickups: 2 humbucking; Jackson J-80C (bridge), Jackson J-50B (neck).
          Controls: 1 vol, 1 tone, Jackson 5-way super switch.

The closest Jackson you can find, is the "Archtop Pro". The Jackson had a recessed trem and an ebony fretboard, and the body was about a 1/4" thinner than the Charvel 750. Both the 750XL and the Archtop Pro are rather uncommon in Europe. Both are top-notch guitars.
          Last edited by Sunbane; 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks...
            I'm trying to buy it...
            I hope to show the pcs soon

Comment

Good luck! If you manage to get it, you must post multiple high-res pics of it!

I have a 750XL in Magenta finish, that I bought from the USA. It is the best playing guitar I've ever owned.

Comment

Good luck! If you manage to get it, you must post multiple high-res pics of it!
                Sure!

I have a 750XL in Magenta finish, that I bought from the USA. It is the best playing guitar I've ever owned.

Comment

The guitar is damaged :/
                  I hope to find another great occasion

Comment

what is wrong with it ?
                    these guitars are preaty rare you may consider a repair if its not too bad for that price ?

Comment

The headstock is broken...
                      However the owner selled it:/

Comment

Working...
                      X