Model 2 bridge swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 bridge swap

Can you swap a Schaller floyd into a Model 2 that came with the Kahler without modding the post layout?
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

No, the posts on Kahler equipped Model 2's are closer together. You'd have to fill the post holes and then measure and re-drill Floyd spaced holes.

Comment

The only other trem that will work on that without mods is the kahler killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
        The only other trem that will work on that without mods is the kahler killer.
        Yeah, I've got one on my Model 2 and it stays in tune like an Original Floyd Rose. They are hard to find though.

Comment

Wasn't the killer a floyd copy?I have a Kahler floyd copy and the spacing is the same as an OFR.Not sure mine is a killer for sure post some pics and I see what I have.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Wasn't the killer a floyd copy?I have a Kahler floyd copy and the spacing is the same as an OFR.Not sure mine is a killer for sure post some pics and I see what I have.
            That would be the "Steeler", hence the name -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks Dave.You know it all.J/K
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Couldnt a Wilkinson Bridge Fit a Kahler equipped Model 2?
                HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
                Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
                (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
                Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
                Boss TU-2
                2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
                1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
                1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Couldnt a Wilkinson Bridge Fit a Kahler equipped Model 2?
                  The studs are different. These kahlers use the edge of the stud screw head as the pivot point that rests in the vee that is cast into the trem, exactly opposite of all or most other designs out there. Besides if you want a single locking trem like the wilk then there is no real reason to change from the kahler anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                    The studs are different. These kahlers use the edge of the stud screw head as the pivot point that rests in the vee that is cast into the trem, exactly opposite of all or most other designs out there. Besides if you want a single locking trem like the wilk then there is no real reason to change from the kahler anyway.
                    Is the stud spacing the same though? If you break/lose parts on the kahler, they are cheap when you find them, but "when" can take a while sometimes.

Interesting to know if the spacing is the same, do you have to replace the bushings and studs to fit a wilkie? Or pretty much a drop in (with stud change out).
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      That would be the "Steeler", hence the name -
                      Steeler...

Killer...
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X