GASing For For My 1st Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GASing For For My 1st Charvel

I recently decided to begin looking for a beater to leave on the stand. You know, something I'd not worry so much about getting prints, dust, etc. on it. Initially I thought, off-brand, 22 frets, maple fret board, decent neck and body, good enough. Mainly something with no FR - prefer saddled HT (can't get comfy w/a tom for sheeit). Then I thought, Standard Squire. Cheap enough if ya lurk around on evilbay long enough.

To make a SHORT story LONG, I narrowed my list to be very specific. 22 Frets, Maple Fret Board, Red Body (non-metallic), Saddle or Strat type Trem, 3 Singles. Well, that's pretty much a Strat, eh? UNTIL I tripped across a Charvel. Not positive but pretty sure it's a 1A that raised my wood. So now I'm curious as to 1) what their general value is, 2) how well do they play, 3) how much do they weigh, and 4) WHO do I see about maybe acquiring one besides evilbay?

All the above aside, I friggin want one... Specifically a RED one

Those that have had some time w/them, please do tell. What are your thoughts on this girl?
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

ebay is your best bet. I know I paid 225 new for the one I used to have back in the 80's. I think that is about what they go for now.

Comment

1A kicks ass, should be able to get a nice one under 300. Watch out for model fever though..........I got a 2 and a 4 and I play the hell out of them. Check gbase.com too as well as craigslist. Once your a member you will have access to the classified section here and you could post a 'want to buy'. Can't go wrong with a model series, very high quality for peanuts!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Here's one...in white though...

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post

Yes Sir! There's a couple up on evilbay at the moment. Both are white. A couple of what look to be Model 3A's too. One is red but has rosewood fret board. I'm GASSY on the 1A but also set on red body and maple fb. Already have a trans black DK2M and a trans blue DX10D. So RED is next. My mind can be patient but the woody I'm sporting over this is a real zipper ripper

Comment

if you're set on a maple board & vintage bridge, any of the Model 1 variants will suit. The 1A has a pickguard and 3 single coils, the 1 has a lone humbucker, the 1C has H-S-S. All available in red.

You might also look at the Model 7. Tele style, but I'm not sure if they came in red.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks all for the replies and info. I'm definitely shooting for a 1A.... for starters. Red is still calling me but the antique white does look pretty sweet too! Maybe white 1A sooner, red 1A later, an undecided 1C, a 1, then a 7, then a ............. Dang Mang! Where are the brakes on this ride? Only death can cure the GAS pains I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
                Only death can cure the GAS pains I suppose.
                Two things: death or wifes

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  if you're set on a maple board & vintage bridge, any of the Model 1 variants will suit. The 1A has a pickguard and 3 single coils, the 1 has a lone humbucker, the 1C has H-S-S. All available in red.

You might also look at the Model 7. Tele style, but I'm not sure if they came in red.
                  They did...have seen VERY few though. The blue is very nice too but about as rare as the red... I've had 3 (Red, Blue, White)...stupidly sold them all...
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                  X