Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum - different neck plate/heel configs

This is my first post!
    I picked up a black Spectrum body with pickguard, neck plate, backplate, trem cover and Floyd bushings a while ago on ebay. The neck plate area is not scalloped like many of the Spectrums I've seen on ebay. Any idea what the difference is between the 2 versions? Is one better or more desireable than the other?

Also, I'm attempting to get the Floyd mounts from Dave @ fretsonthenet. He's been great in e-mail, assuring me that I can return them if they're not correct.

Thanks for any info you can share.

I think you may have a Model 8 body. The Model 8 was pretty rare. It was made in '88, and was the precursor to the Spectrum. I think it would've had JT-6 trem bushings rather than the Schaller JT-590 bushings as well.

Comment

Thanks for the info. From what I've read here, the JT-6 trem seems to jive with the giant bushings installed in the body.

Comment

I'm guessing yours is probably the older first run. I have one that is just like that (no scallop neck pocket-model style body) only in the blue metallic. It has the older style Kahler nut and the chrome JT-6 as well.

Oh, and I'll extend the welcome. Hello, welcome to the Charvel/Jackson looneyville.

Comment

I'm not sure if my trem is recessed either come to think of it. That the factory neck? Looks scalloped hence the dots being so small--residual effect.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be here.
            The neck is by USA Custom Guitars. It has an ebony fingerboard and mini pearl dot inlays. The peghead is a custom cut Kramer "beak". They made the heel width 2-1/4" to fit Charvel type bodies.

Comment

Nice looking neck.

Comment

Working...
              X