Model 7 shielding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 7 shielding

Last night I disassembled my Model 7 in preparation for stripping and refinishing it. I noticed that there seemed to be a pretty good shielding system that was in place. The previous owner defeated a good chunk of it when he either "refinished" it or replaced the bridge pickup. Did the Model 7s come with shielding or was this added after the fact? Check the link in my sig for pictures and more details.

I'll have a look at my 7 tomorrow and check- I've left it at work. Nice guitar, great blog.

Comment

Did you get a chance to check? Tekky, Sanctuary, or any other Model 7 owners--have any idea?

Comment

I opened mine up once and it did look like it had shielding paint in there. If I get a chance I'll have a look this weekend.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

The way I noticed it (since all of the shielding paint or whatever was painted over) was that there was a screw with a lead connected to it underneath both of the pickups. The one under the bridge pickup had been completely defeated. The one to the neck was still there, but the grounds had been so messed up it was pointless. It was probably more of an antenna than shielding

Comment

Originally posted by marnold View Post
            Did you get a chance to check?
            Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you- left the guitar at work and had a weeks holiday. No idea about paint as I is dumb, but see if these pics help

Good luck with the project

Comment

Originally posted by richardlawson View Post
              Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you- left the guitar at work and had a weeks holiday. No idea about paint as I is dumb, but see if these pics help
              I can't tell for sure. Is there a ground lead screwed into the wood on the neck side of cavity? There was one on mine. I assume it was there to ground the shielding. There should also be extra grounds coming through the same holes that the pickups are coming out of too.

Comment

Working...
              X