Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the model series bolt on necks to thin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the model series bolt on necks to thin?

I just bought a mod 4 (86 )and compared to my neck thru guitars it's very thin . Are all mod bolt on necks this thin or do others have more meat to them? The only guitars I can think of that have thinner necks are a Few Ibenaz's I've tried and a Mosrite I've own.

They're pretty consistent, at least in my experience. My Model 7 neck is just a bit more full than the others. Not sure if that's true for all of them, though. I love them, but I can definitely see how they could be too thin for some people. It's all about personal preference.

Comment

The Model Series I've tried (mostly Model 2's) all had fairly thin necks overall. And they have been consistent in feel / thickness. My 475 (bolt-on) feels even thinner, but I suspect it has a wider fingerboard and that could make it feel thinner.

jtr, if you suspect the neck-thru's to always have thicker necks, couldn't it be that a painted neck simply feels thicker? They do to me. Neck-thru's are generally painted.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I think that at least for the model 6 the 86s are the thinnest out of the model series, so this might be true for the rest of them. I think when they changed to the toothpaste logo they were a little thicker too.

Comment

I believe there were actually two different neck sizes of the Model 6. One was a little thicker. Not sure about the other Model series.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a 86 mod 6 and it's a little thinner than my Jackson's or the other Charvel neck thru's I have but still not as thin as this model 4 or the mod 2 Iv'e played.

Comment

my M2 is noticably thin but not ridiculous.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've had three Model 2's, and I don't think they are/were overly thin. Now my Jackson Fusion has one thin assed neck. I've also played metaljunkie's Model 2 and 3a, and the necks on them were consistent with mine. Like skorb just stated they're on the thin side, but not ridiculously thin.

Comment

Model 5 and 5FX varied. I think model 1 were a little heftier profile.

Comment

Working...
                  X