X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed In 750xl/650xl!!

Hi everybody.
    just wanted to know how does 750XL sound differ from 650XL,
    i now have a 650XL ,is it worth trying to change to 750XL? (i can't afford having both of them...hhhh)
    thanx
    Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

I have a 750XL and a Model 6 (which is basically the same as the 650XL...except mine has an OFR).

The M6 definitely has a clearer sound with lots of high mids - very "wah" sounding. The 750XL is a little less articulated, and sounds darker overall.

I used to prefer the 750XL because of the shorter scale - it's just easier to play, especially when doing stretches. But lately I've been going back to the M6 - the sound is much more to my liking, and there's just tons of mojo in it.

Comment

So, the 750 is destined for Denmark, is it?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        So, the 750 is destined for Denmark, is it?
        I dunno. Maybe.

Comment

can i achieve the sound of 750XL with my 650XL+dark sounding pickups, for example Dimarzio Tone-Zone? Is it possible? cause 750XL is much-much more expensive, and i'm looking for a dark sounding neck thru guitar...
          Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

The dark sound of the 750XL comes from the woods and construction. You might be able with a dark pickup like an Invader. My 750XL is loaded with the Distortion Mayhem pickup set, and sounds fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              The dark sound of the 750XL comes from the woods and construction. You might be able with a dark pickup like an Invader. My 750XL is loaded with the Distortion Mayhem pickup set, and sounds fantastic.

Your 750xl with a Distortion set? Who would have ever thought to put a pair of those in a 750xl?

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
                Your 750xl with a Distortion set? Who would have ever thought to put a pair of those in a 750xl?
                :ROTF:

The man has spoken

Travis,

I still can't thank you enough for selling it to me. Wonderful guitar. I hope you are enjoying those Hamers. In fact I have high bid on another 750XL on the bay right now, but won't win because I won't be able to hit his reserve.

Comment

Yep, the 750xl is indeed an amazing guitar. And with a Distortion set, it pretty much breathes fire.

Comment

Working...
                  X