What do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have?

I just bought a Charvel guitar and would like to know more about what model it is. It has the pointy headstock, tooth paste logo, Jackson tuners, Bolt on neck with gasket, two humbuckers, volume, tone, 5-way switch, Made in Germany-Schaller/floyd rose/stamped Charvel whammy bar. off set dots on the rosewood neck, and deep purple finish. The case is the Chainsaw with older stamped guitar shaped Charvel logo.

Any thoughts? I could send pics if that would help.

Thanks!

How many frets?

Comment

Comment

Sounds like a Fusion Plus:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Fusion Plus...that sounds like what I was sort of thinking after looking at the catalog web site, but I could never find one that looked exactly right. The closest one was the one without any paint and had a natural wood finish. Does that make it around 1990s?

Comment

OK, that's too funny! You posted the exact picture that I was talking about. Just like mine, but mine has color.

Thanks for helping me out!

Comment

the later Jackson Fusion Plus was available in Candy Blue. Could it be a Jackson body with a Charvel neck? Does the headstock match the body colour?

Of course, the guitar may have been refinished too
              Hail yesterday

Comment

The headstock does match perfectly in color. Definately factory paint. I can "see through" the color and make out wood grain.

Comment

ah, I got the impression it was a solid colour. Check out the colour chart in the catalogue listed above. Trans Purple was a factory finish on the Charvel Fusion Plus
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Toothpaste Charvels were made in the Japan factory 1989 - 1991
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Toothpaste Charvels were made in the Japan factory 1989 - 1991
                      Maybe using Chinese toothpaste, who knows.
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Lesson: don't lick the headstock.
                        Scott

Comment

There is one just like that one the bay . You're not selling it are you? 90+ shipping costs.

Comment

5 way switch on a 2hum guitar? how is that set up?
                            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                            custom made Les Paul
                            VOX Tonelab LE
                            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                            ADA MP1
                            BBE 422A
                            Lexicon MPX-G2
                            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                            Support Your Local 81

Comment

The JE-0005 switch can be set up all kinds of different ways, with different combinations of split coil settings. The factory setup for that guitar is described in the link Ron posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X