Replacement Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Stickers

I have a Charvel Model 4 which I bought way back in '87.

Unfortunately, in 1990, I tried to pull an Yngwie Malmsteen. (Throwing the guitar over my shoulder as if it were a hula hoop)

Well, I was an idiot because I was using a leather strap. It caught on my clothing and the strap came off and it went neck first into the ground. Obviously, it broke. (Lucky it was a bolt on).

Anyway, I had the neck replaced and it looked, felt & played exactly like the original, except, there's no graphics whatsoever on the headstock. Now, I haven't been wandering around the past 20 years searching for a Charvel decal but every now & then, I do ask someone in a music shop. No one seems to know how I can get a replacement sticker/graphic/whatever for the headstock. I'm proud of my Charvel (it was my first "real" guitar) but not many people will ever know what it is unless they were up close. I was told at the time that the replacement neck was a Jackson neck & I really have no reason to disbelieve.

I just want my first baby to have her name on her again. Can anybody help!!!???

You may want to try and Email Charvel and see if they can do anything for you. Sucks to hear that you had to get the neck replaced.
    My Main Rig:
    '87 Charvel Model 4A
    Peavey KB100 amp
    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Chances will be slim on getting them from JCMI. You could try, but you may have to send your neck to them and wait 2 years to get your "decal" put on. They silk screen them now. Or, you can get a decal from here and they are very good, thin, and you can clear coat over them. These folks specialize in restoration decals for guitars.

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
        Or, you can get a decal from here and they are very good, thin, and you can clear coat over them. These folks specialize in restoration decals for guitars.

http://www.best-decals.com/index.php...f337c3dc5473a6
        +1
        I've used them before... quality decals.
        -Rick

Comment

This should be in the import section
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Bengal65: Thanx for the linky. Im def going to get me some Charvel decals for future Charvel build im thinking about.
            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
            X