Some Floyd Help for my Model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Floyd Help for my Model 5

I have a Model 5 with the jt6 tremolo, and not too long ago one of the string lock blocks on it broke from doing a bend. I can't find anywhere to get that part, so I think I want to replace the bridge. I don't have enough $ for an ofr, so I was looking on ebay for a decent licensed floyd, but none of them have 42mm sustain blocks. Is it possible for me to take the block off of my jt6 and put it on a different floyd? Or, does anyone know where to get string lock blocks for the jt6?

Keep an eye out on ebay for them.

Comment

Well, you can use normal Floyd Rose string blocks on the JT-6. It will look strange without that big, bulky block that was original to the JT-6, but it will work.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

There might be a problem fitting new string blocks into the JT-6. They don't always fit; the blocks are sometimes too large. Either that or the JT-6 vary too much in tolerance.

I don't know if the JT-6 sustain block will fit on another floyd type trem, but new floyd blocks can be bought separate.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

You can file down a Floyd block to fit no big deal.I'm sure someone here has a handful of these and would part with one.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got a spare black JT6 and a spare chrome Schaller Floyd. Both would be a direct drop in replacement. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
            X