Just bought a Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Model 4

Hey I'm new to this forum. I have played a few Charvel's in my day and have always loved the tone and the feel of them. Soo..i saw one on ebay and decided to buy it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230137124518

That's the one I bought, and I will get it sometime next week. I was just wondering do you guys know if this is an 87 or 88? Either way I am really stoked to play it.

I've got an identical one to that. With the JT6 bridge that you have I think it makes it an 88. They are great axes.

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
      I've got an identical one to that. With the JT6 bridge that you have I think it makes it an 88. They are great axes.

that's awesome..i think i got a pretty good deal on it, coming with the hard shell case and all. I have been waiting to buy a Charvel since I played my friends a couple years ago..his is a model 1 but it plays like a dream.

Comment

Hi. And welcome to the board. DANGER, DANGER. Will Robinson. Make sure the sender supports the headstock. If that headstock is just hanging there, there is chance that it could snap during shipping.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

nice price. love the color. I think the model 4's are a steal for what they're going for. What can you get at GC for $400 that kicks as much ass as a model 4?

Comment

"What can you get at GC for $400 that kicks as much ass as a model 4?"

EXCELLENT point. I totally agree.

Comment

Awesome deal!

Comment

87 or 88?

Generally speaking, an '87 identifier is the "R" (in a circle) above Charvel on the headstock and a "TM" above Charvel on the neckplate. Again generally speaking, an '88 would have the same headstock "R" BUT would have the "R" (in a circle) instead of the "TM" on the neckplate. Obviously both 87 and 88 Model 4s have fins and a JT-6. And generally speaking for a third time LOL!, I've catalogued enough guitars to determine that there is some serial number order for bolt-on Model Series guitars...1987 = 253XXX (approx) to 275XXX, and 1988 = 275XXX to around 320XXX (this includes a transition period from 311XXX to 320XXX - but thats another story). Hope this helps.

Mark
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

So Mark, are you finished with your tax papers or are you writing this from jail?
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

LOL! LOL! LOL! Henrik you're killin' me....I've got a bunch of new data to enter in the next few days - then I'll send it to ya and we can talk - oh gotta run my cellmate Bubba is calling LOL!

Mark

Comment

Loaded, remembered your 282353 from the Bay. Serial # and features entered in my 1988 d-base. Good luck with your new toy!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X