Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Charvel is this?

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy this guitar, but I don't know what kind of guitar it is. The serial number is 304357, the guitar is form 1986 and it is an active guitar.

Here is the pic:

Can you help me and tell which model it is?

Greets,

Roy

Model 4?

Comment

Not sure it is from 86- My 86 model 4 has a khaler and dots. Later ones have floyds and sharkies

Comment

Looks like an '87 model 4 to me...
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

ditto

nice guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Roy K. View Post
            Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy this guitar, but I don't know what kind of guitar it is. The serial number is 304357, the guitar is form 1986 and it is an active guitar.

Here is the pic:

Can you help me and tell which model it is?

Greets,

Roy
            Hi Roy. The guys are right, it is an 87 or 88 Model 4 that was made in Japan. First year Model 4's, 1986, had a Kahler trem and dots for the fret markers. The 87 and 88's had Jackson JT-6 trems. The guitar is NOT active, however, your guitar would originally have had the JE-1200 active mid-boost circuit. The pickups are a J50BC humbucker and two J200 stacked singles (stacked humbuckers in a sigle coil housing). The pots are volume, tone, and mid-boost. The three mini-switches you see are on/off for its respective pickup. Awesome guitars.

This is an 86 Model 4 that I used to own:

Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 06-15-2007, 08:58 AM.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Roy, the features and serial # make your guitar an '88. Generally '88's ran from about 275XXX to 320XXX ( including all the model transition stuff happening from 311XXX to 320XXX). Hope this helps.

Mark
              "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, makes things clearer!!

@ Alvin Wilson: The guitar is NOT active? The seller says it is...

@ All: What is a decent price for this guitar in your opinion?

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, makes things clearer!!

@ All: What is a decent price for this guitar in your opinion?

The JE-1200 mid-boost circuit is active (that could be why he is calling the guitar "active"). It runs on a 9v battery. The pickups are passive.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Alvin is correct.

Comment

Is the seller gonna throw in that sweeeeeet purple rug with the guitar?
                      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I'm continually amazed at all the Model series knowledge extant here.

you guys really know your shit. I remember part of my getting my Model 2 was it was one of the less expensive ones. I didn't know jack back then.

now I've been schooled on a Model's life!
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Oh yeah, they know everything! :ROTF:

Good luck with that, dude....BTW the experts are here at the JCF as you found out!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great guitars buy it.If the price is right.$300--$350 with OHSC is fair.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Oh yeah, they know everything! :ROTF:

Good luck with that, dude....BTW the experts are here at the JCF as you found out!
                              Yep, great that there is so much expertise on this board!!

But I guess I do not pay a fair price for this guitar if I buy it, the seller sells it for EURO 600,- , which is approximately $ 798,-. On the other hand, guitars are always more expensive over here (Netherlands)...

Comment

Working...
                              X