Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a model 6?

I found this on a local site.
    Muusikoiden.net on palvelu, joka on suunnattu niin musiikin ammattilaisille, harrastelijoille kuin kuluttajillekin. Sivujen tarkoituksena on luoda keskus, jossa musiikista kiinnostuneet voivat kohdata toisensa, sekä tarjota monipuolisia palveluja internetin tarjoamien mahdollisuuksien mukaan.

The seller says he doesn't know what model it is or even if it's made in the US or in Japan. Serial number is
    0905858, neck through.

Would this be a model 6 or a 650 XL?
    Not too excited about the paint though. The scallops(from the 13th fret and up) are home made by a previous owner. Hard shell case included. I'd figure I'd make an offer. What do you think would be fair? Remember, this is northern Europe where guitars tend to be a bit more expensive than in the US.

It looks to me like it has the spaghetti type logo, which would make it a 650 XL right? I'm still learning about these model series guitars so I want to make sure.

Comment

650XL, MIJ, doesn't look that bad IMO. 400eur?

Comment

If I could get it for 400 Euro it would be a pretty sweet deal. I was thinking more along the lines of 500-600, as the hard shell case is included. However, it does have a couple of dings and the neck has been scalloped...

Comment

Originally posted by jonasaberg View Post
          and the neck has been scalloped...
          Use that to haggle the price down (even though you may like it ).

Comment

The first digit of the serial number is actually the letter, "C."
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

yep

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              Use that to haggle the price down (even though you may like it ).
              That was what I was thinking. Actually, I've never tried a scalloped neck before so I'm a bit hesitant about that, but at the same time I'm curious as I've heard some good things about scalloped fretboards.

Comment

Well, I made him an offer which I think was pretty fair. Let's see what happens. I wasn't really planning on buying a new guitar until the end of the year but since this is the exact model I've been looking for and I have the money I figured why not jump on it.

Comment

Nice Guitar.. 1989 model

Comment

Got a reply from the seller saying that so far he's been offered 800€ for it (around 960$). Sounds a bit steep to me.

Comment

I think he's lying and wants to get as much as possible from you. Tell him to sell it to the guy who's offering 800€, he must really want it if he's offering that much .

Comment

yeah

That's what I suspect as well. I'm willing to go a bit higher on my original bid but I won't go as high as 800. No way. I'll have to see what happens though.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasaberg View Post
                          That's what I suspect as well. I'm willing to go a bit higher on my original bid but I won't go as high as 800. No way. I'll have to see what happens though.
                          I asked also about that guitar and got the same answer: "Someone has offered 800€". That's pretty much for that with those homemade scallops.

Ps. First post.
                          Meat Puppets - Oh, me:
                          I don't have to think, I only have to do it

Comment

Well, I guess he sold it to the guy willing to pay 800 for it 'cause I haven't heard back from him in a while and the add is pulled. Guess I'll have to continue searching.

Comment

That's definitely way too much for that guitar. Sounds like someone with a lot of money wanted it really badly.

Comment

Working...
                              X