Truss Rod size on model series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod size on model series?

A model 1. None of my tools fit. What size do I need?

Thanx

A 7mm wrench will do the trick.

Comment

A similar question recently asked, shows the wrench:

Comment

The wrench I use for my 88' JAckson strat doesn't fit this one, maybe the nut on the model 1 has been replaced? That wrench is 7 mm.
        Last edited by Thoraby; 06-27-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Is your wrench too large? if so, you probably need the 1/4" version (6.35mm). If yours is too small, you probably need the 5/16" version (7.94mm)

As an option to those guitar specific wrenches, when I was traveling on business and took a couple guitars to play in the hotel in the evening, I needed to adjust the truss rod, but didn't have tools. I went to a local autoparts store and they had a metric thin-wall 6-point deep socket set in 1/4" drive. I bought that and a 1/4" drive handle and was able to adjust the truss rod without a problem as the tilt back headstock allowed clearance for the long shank of the socket (while the socket wall was thin enough to fit in the trus rod pocket).

Here's an example of what I bought (the pic is of a 7mm socket for reference):

Comment

The size on your Jackson is most likely 1/4 inch. All model series I've had or worked on are 7mm.

Comment

Working...
            X