Kahler Fulcrum Info for Model 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Fulcrum Info for Model 2

I was wondering,the 2 studs or screws,that provide the Fulcrum,on the edge of a Kahler 2500 Tremelo,I was wondering what kind are they?I have seen "Wood" screws,and I have seen studs that screw into bushings. The "Project"guitar has wood screws Going into bushings How hard is it to remove the Old Bushings?
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Are the bushings ruined? are the wood screws so fat that they have ruined all the threads in the bushings? You can buy new studs from kahler. I have done this.

Comment

My Kahler equipped Model 2 had Phillips head posts into bushings. As for removing the bushings, there's a quite recent thread here (last month or so) where several different methods are discussed. I personally removed mine by screwing in the original posts and then used a pair of pliers to pull out the bushes. Chewed up the posts, but I wasn't using them again anyway. So that's my method, but there are some members here who used their wit and intelligence to better effect than I did.

Comment

I use a claw hammer, go slow and pull straight. Put something on the body to protect it a bit.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I used a big pair of pliers that have the wire cutter on the one side. I then got a small block of wood and after covering the surface of the guitar with a piece of cardboard, put the block right below the stud to be removed. I then grabbed the post that was screwed into the bushing and using the block pried the bushing out making sure it came straight up not at an angle.
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
          X